Trying to gain but also becoming bloated

Options
So i'm trying to gain some muscle and have been increasing my calories slowly. Right now i'm eating at maintenance until I work up to adding more to where I feel comfortable. I've been eating around 2000 calories per day. I stopped doing so much cardio and been focusing more on weight training. While i'm starting to notice definition in my upper and lower body, my stomach is sticking out. I look like i'm pregnant. I try to eat calorie dense foods and I get plenty of water. My question is, is this bloating temporary or is it something I can assume will be around while i'm trying to gain weight? I'm currently underweight and trying to get a healthy weight. What was your experience when you were gaining. Would like to hear your story and advice. Thank you :)

Replies

• alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    For the first week and a half to two weeks I looked really bloated when changing from a cut to bulking. It's settled now and it's went back down. I wouldn't worry about it. It might also be the types of foods you are eating. If you are eating sodium dense foods then you will be retaining water giving you that bloated effect.