Jawbone UP vs Fitbit

Options
Hey y'all, I was wondering what the consensus was out there between the jawbone up and the fitbit. I can't decide between the two of them which one is the best. I have a polar FT4 for a heart rate monitor, but I want something to track everything as well and wanted to know what y'all thought, pros/cons, likes/dislikes…help =)

THANK YOU!!!

Replies

• Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I got a bodybugg core armband 2 days ago and I love it. It's so easy, just charge it and put it on. Plug it into the PC and after you set up your account online everything updates automatically. I even have it synced to MFP so my food diary updates on that site automatically and I can see my TDEE and my calories and when I exercise and how much I sleep, how many steps I take. I love it.

I haven't heard good things about fitbit from my friends who have it.

I wish it monitored my heart rate too, but it doesn't. if it did it'd be perfect.
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I have the Up and the FB Zip (also had the Ultra for a few years before getting the Zip last week)... I like them both! I get the same data from both as far as steps counted goes (within maybe up to a 1% difference at the end of a day; neglible.) (Same with my old FB Ultra.)

Things for you to consider:

The UP is easier to keep on you all day and night (to monitor sleep, alarms to wake you daily and/or for napping, lots of graphs on the app. Charge it ONLY from a laptop- not through other adapters! The UP is easily seen by others, so if you want to avoid people/convo get the FB. (I don't mind!!) UP cannot keep track of stairs/altitude. UP needs to be plugged into your phone headset jack to sync data.

The FB Zip is much cheaper, but does less (no sleep data, no alarms, not backlit, cannot keep track of stairs). It is small, and syncs to a laptop through a wireless dongle and uses an app that you can also use to see your progress during the day (and displays data on the FB itself; the UP you need to sync manually to use the app and see progress). The FB One does more, but I do not own it so will leave that out.

They both are great motivators, especially if you have "friends". There are things you can earn (Earndit.com) for FB, but not sure if Jawbone UP has something similar??
  • rgugs13
    rgugs13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit One! It is a great upgrade from the Ultra, which died after I took an unexpected dip in saltwater. I love being able to check my numbers with a quick button push. I believe the Force is the updated version of the Flex, and now had a screen. I haven't tried it but I prefer wearing mine in a pocket instead of my wrist. I think it is more accurate. I do sometimes for get it in a pocket or on a shelf when I take it off to shower, but consistency is the key to remembering! I only set it down 2 places, and I check for fit quite a bit. A leash is useful, since I lost my first Ultra, and almost lost this One when I wasn't using mine