Looking for a simple fool proof plan

Options
I wish to bulk and am starting a bulk but I want an easy to follow plan which is cheap but will get me from 185 lbs to around 220 mark then my plan will be to cut to about 200 but here's the think

I go to full time college plus part time college plus work part time plus volunteer so time is not on my side
I don't seem to find it hard to get the work outs in but the eatting is my down fall I need a food plan I guess I am asking for one which I can buy and make cheaply and fast but also be healthy as that's my main goal of course

So please help me out what types of bulking diet could I do on a budget

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    GOMAD...
  • 1989lukemyers
    1989lukemyers Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Yer good shout forgot about that little gem guess luke is back on the milk haha
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Get to love roast chicken breast bro! :)

But yeah, GOMAD will get you 2400 fairly decently macro'd calories in and is pretty damn foolproof. Get that gallon in!

Jay
  • NeverCatchYourBreath
    Options
    McDonald's :D
  • Amadbro
    Amadbro Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    GOMAD is decent, blackbeans are cheap as is canned tuna, ramen

rice...you can get a 20lb bag of jasmine at sams for around 25.00 and that will last you quite a while. If you live near the country do what I do and develop a partnership with a chicken farmer. I get fresh brown eggs for 2.00 a dozen..my fridge is loaded with fresh eggs.
  • dockholiday8234
    dockholiday8234 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You don't need a "plan". Eat 500 surplus calories per day. 1.5g protein per lb mass ED. Low carbs on rest days. High carbs on workout days. People way over complicate all this stuff due to the wealth of knowledge on the internet. Don't stuff your face thinking it will make your muscles grow faster. They only grow so fast, the rest goes to fat.

Cheap protein is tuna cans, protein powder, skim milk powder, chicken thighs, ground beef, milk and eggs. Eat lots of eggs.

Remember to get bigger = Lift Big, Sleep Big and Eat Big.
  • All BS aside go to the sponsors forum Steroids.com and hit the nutrission section and they will set you straight and help you with your macros !

If that is you in your avatart I say probably not but could be either wayI did not catch how tall you are basiclly you will need around 4000 + calories a day I am 54 and eat 300 and my split is 75% protein and 15% carbs and 10% fats and I train hard with a goal that I reach I have hit a wall but up until last mth I was loosing 5 lbs a mth Sooooooooo

Taking this into consideration I do not know the intensity of your training or yur cardio and I did not catch your macros as of now so all the advise you were given was opinions and not based on facts ?

McDolalds id=s a stupid answer ! Period by stupid people you want to gain lean weight I assume and not fat so you still have to eat lean and just more of it . . . .yes you can eat more pasta and more rice but past that you need to stick with the high protein and a little more fats than carbs becaus e fats ae also= to energy if you train hard . keep in mind if you get to slack on your carbs and fats you will loose all definition and that is if you have any ? Not being mean I don't know bit thhe old sckool of gain and cut is way old sckool as in 10 years past due again I am 54 so I would say not knowing you increase our Tuna , Increase your Chicken , Increase your turey and hear is one good thing you will be able to do increase your red meat intake because that is still protein and lots of good minerals in red meat try to stay above 85% lean at the least ! add a couple dozen egg whites a week and stay clean on the protein and eat more you will get lazy if you eat to much so make sure you eat at least 7 times a day or your intensity in your workouts will suffer !

As for my knowledge and not knowing you that is the most educated advise I can offer but stay th truck away from Mc Donalds Geeez !

The last guy was pretty much right on but IMHO i would steer clear of the dairy products to much fat in them but to each his own I do ingest 100% Whey Isolate , Cottage Cheese ,Greek Yougart , but no potatos , no bread , little pasta except right befoe wa w/o and remember every one is different so your body will react different to different foods :)
  • 1989lukemyers
    1989lukemyers Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Awesome guys thanks for feed back it's good to go back to the basics from time to time and haha yer it's me (why would anyone have anyone else) also fab got lot of people giving back feed back but come on guys some where just silly and some people on here will take every word you give them so be wise and if you can help then help if you can't then don't become a keyboard warrior just move onto a topic you no, pretty simple

Am 5,10 am about 185ish now started at about 120-125lbs so dam proud of how far I have come oh and also done it in my shed no gym membership :) train mind, body and soul people and save your money and get fit and healthy for free :)

Thanks again tho will take on board everything and take the good bits from it :) and who knows in 6-12 months time I'll be a mini hulk :)
  • angie007az
    angie007az Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I gained weight by eating everything in sight. Just eat all day long. It worked for me.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I actually really like milk but the thought of GOMAD grosses me out soooo much. People really do that?
  • RobP1192
    RobP1192 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    It's SIMPLE. Eat what you eat for maintenance. Add a burger or something. Add a meal or a food that is around 500-600 calories. Give or take, depending on what you want to do. It's simple. Everything stays the same, except you're adding an extra meal or food, or a dessert or something.
  • dockholiday8234
    dockholiday8234 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Some really good posts there towards the end. Fats are not the enemy. You need them for testosterone production and a bunch of other hormones in your body. You have to play with your own carb/fat ratio cos everyone reacts different to them. I do high fat low carb on non workout days. Workout days = high carb, low fat. Get the best of both worlds. Works for me. Might not for you.

Also, if you are 185lb up from 120lb and most of that is muscle, I would say the easy gains have already come. Keep body fat below 15% otherwise that is just unhealthy and counter productive for what we are all here to do.
  • Amadbro
    Amadbro Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    All BS aside go to the sponsors forum Steroids.com and hit the nutrission section and they will set you straight and help you with your macros !

If that is you in your avatart I say probably not but could be either wayI did not catch how tall you are basiclly you will need around 4000 + calories a day I am 54 and eat 300 and my split is 75% protein and 15% carbs and 10% fats and I train hard with a goal that I reach I have hit a wall but up until last mth I was loosing 5 lbs a mth Sooooooooo

Taking this into consideration I do not know the intensity of your training or yur cardio and I did not catch your macros as of now so all the advise you were given was opinions and not based on facts ?

McDolalds id=s a stupid answer ! Period by stupid people you want to gain lean weight I assume and not fat so you still have to eat lean and just more of it . . . .yes you can eat more pasta and more rice but past that you need to stick with the high protein and a little more fats than carbs becaus e fats ae also= to energy if you train hard . keep in mind if you get to slack on your carbs and fats you will loose all definition and that is if you have any ? Not being mean I don't know bit thhe old sckool of gain and cut is way old sckool as in 10 years past due again I am 54 so I would say not knowing you increase our Tuna , Increase your Chicken , Increase your turey and hear is one good thing you will be able to do increase your red meat intake because that is still protein and lots of good minerals in red meat try to stay above 85% lean at the least ! add a couple dozen egg whites a week and stay clean on the protein and eat more you will get lazy if you eat to much so make sure you eat at least 7 times a day or your intensity in your workouts will suffer !

As for my knowledge and not knowing you that is the most educated advise I can offer but stay th truck away from Mc Donalds Geeez !

The last guy was pretty much right on but IMHO i would steer clear of the dairy products to much fat in them but to each his own I do ingest 100% Whey Isolate , Cottage Cheese ,Greek Yougart , but no potatos , no bread , little pasta except right befoe wa w/o and remember every one is different so your body will react different to different foods :)

397e8-Bodybuilding_zps2f586ba8.jpg
  • ILoveBreakfast671
    ILoveBreakfast671 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    To hell with this thread. I ate 3 McDoubles an hour ago.
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Go get yourself a gallon of ice cream.

Every day eat normally as you would to maintain.

Also eat 1/8th of the gallon of ice cream (a pint in other words), its easy to measure, just slice it up like a pizza. That should be 500-600 calories.

In the end you'll gain a hair over 1 lb/wk.

Your surplus calories shouldn't cost more than $5 a week, and should very very easy to consume.
  • Live4theLift
    Options
    Calories are calories, its your choice on how you get them. Ice cream, steak, tuna, crackers.... whatever floats your boat. I personally like cheesecake. In the end it just depends on if you are following your macros of you just wanna eat excess.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I actually really like milk but the thought of GOMAD grosses me out soooo much. People really do that?

I did it in high school when I started playing football my freshman year...went from 5'10" and a buck 15 to a buck 30 that season and was still at 8% BF when it was all said and done. It was basically the cheapest way my parents could get the calories into me with a good macro ratio.