I am brand new to fitness pal... :-)

Female 38 years old trying to get back to the weight I was a couple years ago... I need to loose 30 lbs fast and keep it off... Any help or encouragement will be gladly appreciated. Any meals to feed four people to help keep my calorie count at 1200 cal a day. I would love to read and try. My husband is also trying to loose weight as well. We have a gym membership to anytime fitness now. I have been going for two weeks now. I can't wait to see some physical results...

Replies

• TheBoldCat
    TheBoldCat Posts: 159 Member
    good luck! Believe in yourself, be strong and you will achieve what you want.
  • Triciad811
    Triciad811 Posts: 268 Member
    just curious ... why do you need to lose 30 pounds fast? Sometimes healthy weight loss to keep it off takes some time and patience.
  • ladyoflb
    ladyoflb Posts: 73 Member
    Good luck! You can do it!! Just keep at it, keep strong and you WILL achieve your goals!
  • Welcome I have been logging in for 30 days in a row very inspiring peeps!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Welcome aboard. But losing weight "fast" isnt usually either possible, healthy, or sustainable.
  • Lovey50
    Lovey50 Posts: 63 Member
    I have found some really tasty family-friendly (i.e.-men, kid-friendly) recipes on skinnytaste.com.

One that I've made 3 weeks in a row, ever since I found it, is Sicilian Rice Ball Casserole. Servings are really generous (1/8th of a 9x13 Pyrex, so roughly a serving is 4.5" by 3,25", and about 3" high, and its ricey and meaty and cheesy.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/02/sicilian-rice-ball-casserole.html

I doctor it a bit w/ my homemade marinara, more turkey meat, and sausage, but Its kind of addictive and filling and I've lost 10 lbs in 3 wks eating it 4 nights a week with a salad. And I'm stuffed afterwards:bigsmile: Good luck!