Excercise - ZUMBA

Options
2»

Replies

• CheeksBryant
    CheeksBryant Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love zumba. With that being said, just a heads up if you aren't using a HRM, your calories are probably half of what MFP says they are! This is coming from myself and others. I just got my Polar Ft4 HRM. Before that MFP said one hour of Zumba for my height and weight burned 800-900 calories. My HRM has been a consistent 450-500. Still an awesome workout either way, but a major calorie difference! Our Zumba group just participated in a 5k Color Run, and for Halloween we had a Glow Zumba Class! So fun

I not sure what you mean about HRM and MFP, is this on my myfitnesspal. I new so I am still trying to learn how this all flows, please advise.

Belinda

MFP (myfitnesspal) calculates calories burned for your height and weight. Where as a HRM (heart rate monitor) such as Polar FT4, uses an actual heart rate monitor on a strap you wear, along with your stats to calculate calories burned....which is much more accurate. MFP would say I was burning 800-900 calories per hour of Zumba, where as it's actually more 450 on average...huge difference! I've been on here about a year, and have really gotten more into wanting to know my true calories burned after I hit a plateau. I got my HRM Polar FT4 about three weeks ago, love it! Getting a fitbit for Christmas.