Its the small things

Options
So tonight, I was fixing me a cup of coffee and stood in amazement yet again how much in changed in the past several months. First let me start with the big, I have lost a total of 78lbs so far and am pretty excited about that. But, tonight... Its remembering the small victory.

When I started, if I stood in the corner to open the fridge, I could not get it open with out forcing it past my stomach. It really didnt bother me that much because I had a hundred excuses. Well, after I started and the pounds started vanishing that was the first thing I noticed. How excited I was when I could suck in and get it open with only a little rub. So tonight as I pulled the milk out of the fridge I looked down as I pulled the door open and just stood in amazement at how big the gap is now even pushing my stomach all out. So I grabbed a ruler and the gap is 4 inch's and I may or may not have done my little happy hamster dance in the kitchen lol.

The main reason I wanted to share this is, when you are getting discouraged or down about how long or how tough its been.. Think about the small changes and how they are starting to add up.

Replies

• cynditoney
    Options
    It seems the small victories give us the most joy!! Congrats!! I remember the first time I noticed that my tummy was not rubbing the steering wheel when I drove my car. It was the coolest feeling!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Luckymam
    Luckymam Posts: 300
    Options
    Well done! My happy moment was not having to strain to put my shoes on! When I think about that now... dear me!
  • stringcheeze
    Options
    So tonight as I pulled the milk out of the fridge I looked down as I pulled the door open and just stood in amazement at how big the gap is now even pushing my stomach all out. So I grabbed a ruler and the gap is 4 inch's and I may or may not have done my little happy hamster dance in the kitchen lol.

The main reason I wanted to share this is, when you are getting discouraged or down about how long or how tough its been.. Think about the small changes and how they are starting to add up.

LOL! That is completely awesome -- congratulations! It's the little things that make a huge difference when staying motivated.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!