Didn't fit on a rollercoaster ride

Options
2»

Replies

• Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I find it a lot easier to stay motivated when I break up my weight loss into mini-goals (I've reached one - getting under 200 lbs. 7 more lbs and I'll reach my second goal - overweight BMI instead of obese. 10 lbs after that I'll be at the halfway point...etc.). If I was only looking at my ultimate goal weight, that would be a tall mountain to stare up at. You won't lose 140 lbs in 6 months but you can accomplish a lot, and I guarantee when that period of time comes and goes, and it will, you'll really wish you'd started today.

Also, maybe just start with getting your diet under control and add exercise later when you're ready. Trying to do too much, too soon is the death of many a weight loss plan.
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    You can do this!! You have the motivation, to be a new you when your husband comes home, you have built in exercise partners, as you can bundle up your little ones and walk with them in their stroller, you have a chance to control your diet, not having to feed your husband, just you and the kidlets, so you can control what is in the house!!!

Win win!!!
  • amd609
    amd609 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to post, I had an experience like this the first time today and hearing all the similar stories helped me to see the positive that came from it. It's just more motivation to suceed and I'm trying to think about how great it's going to feel when I get down to a size that I will fit comfortably and can enjoy the ride. I know it's possible if I keep working towards a healthier lifestyle, not a diet. Thank you so much for sharing your stories.
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    For me, my eye opening moment was a plane ride to visit family. It was a 5 hour flight and I was TIGHTLY squeezed into my seat and was trying to fold myself up as much as possible to take up less space. :sad:
    I've done this for over 105 days now and I lose about a pound a week. I have no deadline and I think this helped me a lot.

Just think, 6 months down the road, eating healthy and working out, you will lose weight and you will be glad you started when you did. :)