And whats yours?

Replies

• jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    This series has some pretty good info on this topic:
    http://weightology.net/weightologyweekly/?page_id=146

Edit:
    To answer all the questions, I personally use the Built Lean photo series as a guide, since they seem to be consistent with my hydrostatic testing results. And last hydro I took was 11% a few months ago.
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    My trainer at the gym has this gun thing that pinches my fatness lol I'm at 26.8 right now! Down about 5% from where I started with him in August.
  • cdahl383
    cdahl383 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I have some bodyfat calipers that I've used before, though the accuracy of your reading depends a lot on you being consistent each time you measure which isn't always easy.

I think I'm around 22% bodyfat right now. I blimped out over the fall and trying to shed some of the fat now. I'd like to get to 12-15%, but really plan on just using the mirror vs a bodyfat reading to determine when I reach my goal.
  • RunBrew
    RunBrew Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    There's several ways to determine body composition. Some are more precise, but expensive and inconvenient, some are convenient, but less precise.

I recently had mine... measured? Calculated? Estimated? Using the Jackson Pollock skinfold test. (the fat pincher) In a trained users hands its about as accurate as anything else, and takes literally 2 minutes.

I had the 3-site test done, chest, Abdomen, thigh

Inputting into the formula returned 10.31%. There is a 3% Error in the test, so I'll say I'm in the 9-13% range.
    Allmost all my fat is in my abdomen. My being a runner, my leg fat measurement was virtually non-existent.
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    Calipers say I'm at 13%, I've got 7 more pounds to go before I dish out the money at the local uni for a bod pod test. I'm kinda not in a rush though.