Critique this plan.

Options
So I am starting over at my highest weight and lowest level of fitness that I feel I have had since I was 20. I am 25 now, 5'4.5, 142. I have gained and lost weight my whole life, but have not focused on fitness enough. My "happy weight" before was around 125, but I don't mind being a little heavier if I have less fat but more muscle. I am absurdly out of shape now, people! Since I know that many of you amazing people have had amazing results, I want to hear your ideas about the fitness plan I have created for myself! I plan to use this plan for the first 2 months and reevaluate once I get stronger and have more resources available. Encouragement, criticism, other ideas, are all equally welcome!

Exercise per week:

5x 30 minute sessions split between 30 day shred (which I had great results with before I had to ship my TV and weights overseas- will get both back this week) and kettlebell/weight training) So, 3 days of one, 2 days of the other.
?, k
4x 10 minute ab specific workouts (my own mix of 8 different exercises- these are the one thing I actually truly enjoy)

2 hours per week of light but fun extra activity- walking, surfing, throwing around a frisbee, random jumping jacks, squats, splashing around in the pool, etc.

Since I am only trying to lose around 15 lbs, I am planning to do TDEE- 18%.... which begs another question, could I safely assume "light activity" instead of sedentary with that workout plan to calculate?

My plan is based on my current resources, my available time, my idea of what I can realistically commit to. But I would love someone who has more experience or knowledge to give me their input! The only things I am not willing to do are eat lower than 1400 calories (this has never worked for me in the long term), workout 2 hours a day (don't have the time) use diet pills, or anything that will harm my health.

Replies

• YouHadMyCuriosity
    YouHadMyCuriosity Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Would add that my food intake is largely lean protein, fruits and veggies, nuts, and the occasional beer out with friends.