Weights for Weight Loss!

Options
Ok. So I've decided that on Tuesdays and Thursdays I will do the weight circuit at my gym. Tonight I went in and was a bit overwhelmed. It was a busy time and I didn't have a plan. I couldn't figure out how to adjust some of the machines. So, my plan now, is to pick only the old school machines that don't look like rocket ships and to go in with a plan, preferably not at peak gym hours. I will research online for the best plan for me. My main goal is weight loss at this point. I'm thinking upper body on Tues and lower body on Weds... Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• vorgas
    vorgas Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    New Rules Of Lifting For Women?
    There's a group here at MFP: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/102-new-rules-of-lifting-for-women-nrol4w

Why spend time reinventing things?
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I couldn't figure out how to adjust some of the machines.

Ahhhh - I hate that! Then I'm sure everyone else is staring at me as I give up and walk off. Seriously though - sounds like you've got a good start. Casually watch some other folks work the harder machines and you can see how to adjust them. Or go at an off-peak time where you have less of an audience when you're trying new stuff. Of course the staff will always tell you how to adjust them too if you ask!

I agree the New Rules of Lifting is a great book - even if you don't follow the plan it's got a lot of great information.
  • mellowdeezer
    mellowdeezer Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ya'll! I am going to try your tips out tomorrow on my weight day... for tonight...its cardio madness! ;)
  • oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    try out the 5x5 lifting program. don't be intimidated by the meathead guy who developed it and others who use it. I have been going at it more slowly (I do 1-2 days a week, not the recommended 3) and I love it. It's very time efficient and you can get everything in, in less than 30 minutes each time at the gym.