Gym Attire

Options
2»

Replies

• corridor7f
    Options
    They can be, but they aren't for everyone, especially if you're running in them. If you're curious, I'd suggest transitioning to them slowly from "regular" shoes.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    the hipsters in neon green short shorts are the ones wearing those.

I loathe this "neon" fad. Who told the '80's it was ok to come back?

I love my neon pink pants. I can wear them with my neon yellow shirt and feel like I belong on the 80s ski slopes.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Some people find them very comfortable but I've heard that podiatrists and chiropractors say they are bad for you.
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I do my strength training at home barefoot. If it ever works into my running schedule to do a formal lifting program, I'd probably use a minimalist shoe for that, though not the 5 fingers because they do look weird to me.

I am not a hipster, but I'm all about the neon for running. I feel that neon is keeping me from becoming road pizza, and even if it goes out of style I'll keep wearing my hot pink running fleece for safety.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I'm at the gym 6-7 days a week.

I work out 5-6 days a week- and I'm usually doing 4-5 lift session and 2-3 HIIT sessions.

I LOVE my vibrams- you must get used to them- you can't just jump in full force both feet- you'll wind up with sore achilles/calves and possible blisters (as noted above)

I LOVE 5 fingers- yes they look weird- but you get used to it- I own 2 pairs- and 3 pairs of socks. favorite thing ever. I wish I could train in them constantly- I feel SO much more stable than before- better for squatting- DLing- burpees- push ups- box jumps- whatever- Love them.

Find them on sale and give them a try.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    I love them
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    They probably work better if you wear pasties and a thong! LOL

Have never worn them.
  • HaileyMarieOlson
    Options
    Thanks for the info guys :) are there special socks to go with them as well?
  • The_WoIverine
    The_WoIverine Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info guys :) are there special socks to go with them as well?

Vibram five fingers sell socks for those shoes
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of pairs.. one for lifting, one for casual wear when I wanna be comfy, one for when I get a brain fart and feel like doing some cardio (ie running) I have a pair for trails and a pair for winter.

Wouldn't go back to lifting in regular shoes. I would rather go barefoot but my gym would kick me out.
    FiveFingers were a good alternative :laugh:

As for socks, the only ones I wear socks in are the winter ones.
  • superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Options

My plantar fascia would bust into a 1,000 pieces if I wore a pair of those.

This.