Fasting or skipping meals - Does anyone do this?

Options
Hi,

I know someone who uses 17 hour fasting with great success. Example - They would eat dinner at around 7pm Sunday night, skip breakfast the next morning and not eat until lunch that day. During this period they drink water, tea, coffee and things like Coke Zero/Pepsi Max, but that's all. Anyone tried this or variations of that?

What about skipping meals? For example, having a good breakfast and missing lunch or maybe skipping breakfast and having a decent lunch and dinner?

Anyone had any success with eating this way?

Micheal

Replies

• ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is about how much you eat, not when you eat.

That being said, some people find that Intermittent Fasting works best with their schedule.

Personally, I think it just needlessly complicates the whole thing. If you like eating breakfast, eat breakfast. If you don't, don't.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is about how much you eat, not when you eat.

That being said, some people find that Intermittent Fasting works best with their schedule.

Personally, I think it just needlessly complicates the whole thing. If you like eating breakfast, eat breakfast. If you don't, don't.
    This. And for me "like" isn't a "yum" thing it's a "things go better" thing. I eat 3 meals, and a few snacks. I'm happier, it's easier FOR ME. If IF or fasting works well for you and you feel well doing it, it could be great for you.

They key:Create a calorie deficit and figure out how to eat to lose weight and then maintain your loss (the hard part) in a healthy manner.
  • dotTif
    dotTif Posts: 20
    Options
    There are quite a few people on here that do this. You might have better luck looking for intermittent fasting (IF) groups or searching older conversations though because the majority of users don't do this and you may get more critique than help