helo me reduce my belly fat plz! (picture)

Options

Replies

• jigglyone
    jigglyone Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    wow thank you everyone for the tips and motivation!! you are all awesome!
  • jigglyone
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

you can set your MFP accordingly.

BTW your coworker is full of *kitten*.

EAT LESS... lift weights.. be patient... and watch and feel your body become leaner.

^yep.

As long as you are consuming less calories than you're burning you will lose weight, guaranteed. To not lose weight under those circumstances would mean a contravention of the laws of physics. You've heard of e=mc2? That's what it means.

I recommend setting your MFP account up to reflect a sedentary lifestyle and then adding in your exercise manually. That way it won't be automatically counting exercise every day if you're not doing it.

It looks like you're a similar size and shape as I am, so if you'd like a friend with similar goals feel free to request me.

:)

thsnks so much! you are the best!:flowerforyou:

THIS! For sure, I can't believe the number of people who know Jack *kitten* and feel compelled to comment and bring people down by doing so. Check out my pics in my profile, I had a massive belly (thats where most of my body fat ends up) and through a combination of slight deficit (no more than a pound a week reducing to half a pound as I got near to goal), walking and doing calisthenics I ended up where I am now and have maintained (plus or minus 2 - 3 pounds) since April 2012.

You can do it :)

thanks!!! :flowerforyou:
  • jigglyone
    Options
    do you think its possible for me to get leaner? i was told i wont by a co worker :(

Of course you can!!! Just eat nutrient-rich foods at a sensible calorie deficit.

My belly looked like that when I started in July and I lost 6" off my waist since then (from 37" to 31").

wow that is great news!! congrats and thanks so much!!:flowerforyou:
  • jigglyone
    Options
    Why would anyone say that? Punch them repeatedly - to burn calories I mean. ;-)

...That was in answer to your coworker. I am using the Insanity Program and I love it. I feel amazing and the belly fat (and all the rest) is coming right off. Yeah, I use basic, don't-freak-out calorie deficit too. Healthy stuff, veggie stuff is best. Ditch the processed crap foods as much as possible.

Not sure what all the drama is about on this thread. If you burn 3000 cals a day and are ripped like Arnold, good for you. Neato. Not everyone does things the same way, it doesn't mean you're totally right and they are wrong. Sheesh!

ahaha you're awesome! thanks hun!:flowerforyou:
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options

Post pic and how long you have been loosing weight I have pic posted and I have been eating 3000 calories a day for a year and lost 60 lbs of fat and gained 20 lbs of muscle ! You may be a fat skinny person and look like oyou have aids ?

So post a pic there Jon boy ? or are you ashamed ?
    Wow just wow, I think you should be ashamed, the use of AIDS as an insult just so wrong on so many levels.

Reported and nice job body shaming whilst putting yourself on a pedestal.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Post pic and how long you have been loosing weight I have pic posted and I have been eating 3000 calories a day for a year and lost 60 lbs of fat and gained 20 lbs of muscle ! You may be a fat skinny person and look like oyou have aids ?

So you lost 40 lbs in a year...
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

EAT LESS... lift weights.. be patient... and watch and feel your body become leaner.

You state opinions with no fact base ! All calories do not react the same it the body therefore calorie counting is a never ending loosing battle and weight loose is a sickness that Dr. Treat mental people for to save their lives ! I eat about 3000 calories a day and I am 54 so I eat 7 times a day and 75% protein 15% Carbs and 10% Fat if what you say is truen then the fact that I have lost 60 lbs of fat and gainded 20 lbs of muscle in the past year is just my imagination ? NOT

If your only goal is weight loose then you are 30 years behind times and there is no magic to weight loose Calorie counting is a never ending loosing battle that makes money for weight watchers and jenny Craig and dummies who attemppt it and only fall of the wagon and gain more weight back The only thing that works and work for the rest of your life is life style chnge and theat is not the sick obsession of weight loose ! You must focus on fat loose which in it's self is not possible ? Here sagain the fat ceels you have you are stuck with short of Lipo (Bad Choice) But with a healthy food intake and a healthy life style you can shrink your fat cells which if you stick with it will hit a wall and you will stop loosing fat and start gaining good weight and thsat is where these Kewl hard body women gome from ! Not from counting calories and starving they get those hard bodies from eating 2000 + calories a day and eating ever 3 hours and eating the proper healthy foods and exercise ! Once you take pics and starte to see that you to nomatter what you weight now can stuff your self to the point you have to force yourself to eat and loose fat but yet you body os changing you will kick yourseldf and laugh at all the rodants on the calorie counting tread mill that most fall off of sooner than later bbut NEVER stick to because it is not natural !

Make a healthy life style change and get that body you always wanted and as I said when you take a pic once every 2 weeks and in the 2nd mth you look back at the 21st you will be hooks and toss all the calorie counting BS in the trash and learn how to eat often eat smart and loose fatin a sence whrink the fat cells you have but with plain old H@o and exercise and healthy food you can stuff you face and loose a healthy 5 to 7 lbs of fat a mth keep in mind though the beauty of this healthy life style is if you want to loose more fat you have to eat more ? why ?

Because if you don't ingest a minium of 1 gram of protein for every lb you weigh every day you will loose muscle and hold fat so you have to increase your protein intake :) Sound fun well it is eat every 3 hours and good tasting protein shakes with honey in them a gram of protein has 4 calories so if you are starting at 150 that mean you will need to ingest a minium of 600 calories of protein alone and to be on the safe side since Protein doesn't turn to fat ingest 800 calories of protein and adjust you macros up from there to eat as much as you want and don't forget . . . . .yes that dirty word exercise is required after all you do want to be healthy by loosing fat and building that lean hard body ! No you don't haver to walk the tread mill for hours enjoy yourself use weights walk run , ride a bike , ski, live and active life style save money turn your cable or dish network off and get your butt off the couch ! The rest is up to you ! But stop the sickness of loosing weight and the maddness of counting calories :(
    So sayith the word of nutritionist in the yeaar 2013 the year of our Lord AD :)

lolwut?

What is exactly wrong with what was posted? Are you saying you cannot get lean without resorting to low carb? Please enlighten me. Show me the 'facts'
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    FYI you cannot control where your body loses fat from .. it takes time ... so keep working at it.

You can however control muscle growth in certain areas
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

You state opinions with no fact base ! All calories do not react the same it the body therefore calorie counting is a never ending loosing battle and weight loose is a sickness that Dr. Treat mental people for to save their lives ! I eat about 3000 calories a day and I am 54 so I eat 7 times a day and 75% protein 15% Carbs and 10% Fat if what you say is truen then the fact that I have lost 60 lbs of fat and gainded 20 lbs of muscle in the past year is just my imagination ? NOT

If your only goal is weight loose then you are 30 years behind times and there is no magic to weight loose Calorie counting is a never ending loosing battle that makes money for weight watchers and jenny Craig and dummies who attemppt it and only fall of the wagon and gain more weight back The only thing that works and work for the rest of your life is life style chnge and theat is not the sick obsession of weight loose ! You must focus on fat loose which in it's self is not possible ? Here sagain the fat ceels you have you are stuck with short of Lipo (Bad Choice) But with a healthy food intake and a healthy life style you can shrink your fat cells which if you stick with it will hit a wall and you will stop loosing fat and start gaining good weight and thsat is where these Kewl hard body women gome from ! Not from counting calories and starving they get those hard bodies from eating 2000 + calories a day and eating ever 3 hours and eating the proper healthy foods and exercise ! Once you take pics and starte to see that you to nomatter what you weight now can stuff your self to the point you have to force yourself to eat and loose fat but yet you body os changing you will kick yourseldf and laugh at all the rodants on the calorie counting tread mill that most fall off of sooner than later bbut NEVER stick to because it is not natural !

Make a healthy life style change and get that body you always wanted and as I said when you take a pic once every 2 weeks and in the 2nd mth you look back at the 21st you will be hooks and toss all the calorie counting BS in the trash and learn how to eat often eat smart and loose fatin a sence whrink the fat cells you have but with plain old H@o and exercise and healthy food you can stuff you face and loose a healthy 5 to 7 lbs of fat a mth keep in mind though the beauty of this healthy life style is if you want to loose more fat you have to eat more ? why ?

Because if you don't ingest a minium of 1 gram of protein for every lb you weigh every day you will loose muscle and hold fat so you have to increase your protein intake :) Sound fun well it is eat every 3 hours and good tasting protein shakes with honey in them a gram of protein has 4 calories so if you are starting at 150 that mean you will need to ingest a minium of 600 calories of protein alone and to be on the safe side since Protein doesn't turn to fat ingest 800 calories of protein and adjust you macros up from there to eat as much as you want and don't forget . . . . .yes that dirty word exercise is required after all you do want to be healthy by loosing fat and building that lean hard body ! No you don't haver to walk the tread mill for hours enjoy yourself use weights walk run , ride a bike , ski, live and active life style save money turn your cable or dish network off and get your butt off the couch ! The rest is up to you ! But stop the sickness of loosing weight and the maddness of counting calories :(

ee9073fc50c7b0f472ded37f92b23807.gif

1 - Count calories... measure twice, cut once.

2 - IIFYM

3 - What?

You are ridiculous and rude, plus you are full of crap.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

I see so someone disagrees with something you say and you go in for personal insults and attacks...

I saw them on another thread yesterday -they did exactly the same thing on that one also. Seems to be their MO.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options

ee9073fc50c7b0f472ded37f92b23807.gif

1 - Count calories... measure twice, cut once.

2 - IIFYM

3 - What?

Wrong on so many levels.

ETA:
    OP read all of the links provided in this thread.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    do you think its possible for me to get leaner? i was told i wont by a co worker :(

Consistency and a reduced calorie deficit will get you where you want to be.
    You do not *need*to have a huge cut in calories or run marathons.

Worth reading:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

^^this. Plus patience. You will get there. Read the link, it is excellent. Plus as someone brought up physiques (well, they actually body shamed), check out the OPs physique - he gets that through a reasonable caloric deficit, setting his macros appropriately, and lifting weights. I got mine that way also.
  • jigglyone
    Options

Worth reading:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

^^this. Plus patience. You will get there. Read the link, it is excellent. Plus as someone brought up physiques (well, they actually body shamed), check out the OPs physique - he gets that through a reasonable caloric deficit, setting his macros appropriately, and lifting weights. I got mine that way also.

thanks very much!:flowerforyou:
  • californiabella
    Options

Because if you don't ingest a minium of 1 gram of protein for every lb you weigh every day you will loose muscle and hold fat so you have to increase your protein intake :)

lolz.

ETA: to OP--if you read that guy's post, I hope you immediately erased all that information from your head already!
  • bellevie86
    bellevie86 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    This may sound rude. But for someone who spouts all this science crap about how calorie counting doesn't work, you'd think you'd know which "loose", "loss", and "lose" to use in your post. So you know science, but not grammar? hmmmm

Second of all, we're all here because we STARTED calorie counting, but along the way many of us have started to learn a healthy balanced diet and lifestyle. It may start out counting but with all the info floating around on here and educating ourselves we find the tools to turn this into a lifestyle change, so we know what we're putting in our mouth is going to do to us and our bodies. Having lost almost 40 pounds I, and countless others can vouch that YES, IT DOES WORK.
  • jigglyone
    Options

Because if you don't ingest a minium of 1 gram of protein for every lb you weigh every day you will loose muscle and hold fat so you have to increase your protein intake :)

lolz.

ETA: to OP--if you read that guy's post, I hope you immediately erased all that information from your head already!

yes i did hun :) didnt want to be rude to him, but he didnt care for being a *kitten* to everyone else. anyways thanks sweety!
  • jigglyone
    Options
    This may sound rude. But for someone who spouts all this science crap about how calorie counting doesn't work, you'd think you'd know which "loose", "loss", and "lose" to use in your post. So you know science, but not grammar? hmmmm

Second of all, we're all here because we STARTED calorie counting, but along the way many of us have started to learn a healthy balanced diet and lifestyle. It may start out counting but with all the info floating around on here and educating ourselves we find the tools to turn this into a lifestyle change, so we know what we're putting in our mouth is going to do to us and our bodies. Having lost almost 40 pounds I, and countless others can vouch that YES, IT DOES WORK.

i agree! thanks a bunch for your input:flowerforyou:
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I don't have much to add to the great advice you've already been given, so I'll just say that I've lost 35 pounds and in the best shape of my life just by taking the information posted by the successful people on here and putting it into action. Your coworker is crazy, you can do this!

Also, here are some links I like to look at when I'm feeling discouraged and need a little boost:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1102508-mfp-fitspiration

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1045433-women-lifting-heavy-with-pics

Be patient, be consistent, and trust the process...it works! Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options

Worth reading:

You came here for advice but I am as confused as hell as to where people get their ideas from. Listen to the above advice which is total sense and you won't have to work your why through the rest of fact and fiction which has appeared here in equal amounts. Follow the link (and read it all, and then follow the other links and read them to). It will take you a few hours of your time but it will put you on track to changing your life :-)
  • jigglyone
    Options
    I don't have much to add to the great advice you've already been given, so I'll just say that I've lost 35 pounds and in the best shape of my life just by taking the information posted by the successful people on here and putting it into action. Your coworker is crazy, you can do this!

Also, here are some links I like to look at when I'm feeling discouraged and need a little boost:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1102508-mfp-fitspiration

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1045433-women-lifting-heavy-with-pics

Be patient, be consistent, and trust the process...it works! Good luck! :flowerforyou:

thanks hunny! :flowerforyou: