Littlest Losers (week 8)

Options
Hi ladies! It's another new week!! Personaly, I de-railed pretty badly last night at my bachelorette party between the out to dinner, drinks & shots, and late night drunken snacking!! but i only get one bachelorette party, so we lived it up! back to work today (once i nurse my hangover!)

Anyway, I'm continuing with no late night snacking again this week and taking up the 5 fruits/veggies again, too. i've been slacking lately. Anyone else want to suggest a new challenge? We're near the end of this!

Below is our progress from last week! I think everyone maintained or lost - GREAT JOB!!

Name SW GW 8/13
Akosky585 136 125
AnneElise 143 135
antiadipose 119 115
arobles3231 117 110
carilyn39 149 145
Chelseap891 126 110
Cooperledgen 140 125 142
Kath711 131 125 126
kath712 145 140
keylnn 158 135
Lobster888 130 125 128
MissyCrissy18 119 113
monkeysmum 136 125 136
mshay09 148 150.6
princess purple138 128 135.4
rowie 135 125
salvirez 133 120
shannahrose 151 140 149.8
Shellee9tj 156 145 151

Replies

• princesspurple
    Options
    Great job everyone!
  • shellee9tj
    shellee9tj Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Lets keep up the good work this week ladies, I have met my original goal of being at 150, but......then I got a little greedy :blushing: and changed my goal to 145! So, I have 5lbs to go, we can do this ladies!!:wink:
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Lets keep up the good work this week ladies, I have met my original goal of being at 150, but......then I got a little greedy :blushing: and changed my goal to 145! So, I have 5lbs to go, we can do this ladies!!:wink:

not greedy, just motivated! good for you!
  • RooMcDermott
    RooMcDermott Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I've been completely off goal the past few weeks, so I am saying it again, today is a new day. Time to start over and refocus :)
  • mshay05
    mshay05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! Happy Monday!

We need a nice little challange for this week to keep us all motivated! Idea's welcome! :bigsmile:

I had a good weekend food wise. My exercise wasn't up to par, BUT I did exercise yesterday. So that counts for something!

Hope everyone has a good day! :flowerforyou:
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Like the no late night snacking challenge again. Went off of it over the weekend so need to get back on track!!
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Hi - I was on vacation from 8/5 to 8/14. I indulged quite a bit, but did a lot of walking at theme parks and swimming. So I'm happy to say I maintained at 145.

I need a new focus to kick start myself to lose these final pounds. I feel like I've been stuck here forever! :frown: I know it's hard as you approach your goal, and I really don't care about the number on the scale. I just want my clothes to feel a little looser and would love to see some muscle tone.

Any ideas? I'm inspired by the folks who are doing P90X, but I just don't think I can do 60-90 minute workouts. 30-40 is the best I can do each night. I've been doing 30 Day Shred, but have to say I'm bored with that. Suggestions are needed! Thanks!!
  • lobster888
    Options
    Kath712 - Have you consider the original power 90 (this is the one before p90x )? I am on day 76 and I really like it. I was a little overwhelmed with P90X - both time wise and intensity level. I found power 90 to be the perfect thing for me. I have done the 30 shred and the biggest loser dvd's (boot camp was good one) I get bored too... The power 90 had three DVD's level 1/2 is one dvd, - it has sculpt 1/2 sweat 1/2 and abs 100. level 3/4 has sculpt 3/4 , sweat 3/4 and abs 200 and a fat burn express. The times 38 - 45min. level 1 and 2 is the same workout just the amount of weight and how many reps determine if you do at level one or two?????? You can look it up on Beachbody.com also there is a master series for it also. It's has 6 dvd's and they are a little longer - about 42 - 52 mins.It includes a level 5/6 for both sculpt and sweat and four more DVD.s You might like it - I really like it and I am glad I got it and also invested in the Master Series - I can switch it up and not get bored!!! Hope that helps.
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Thanks lobster888!! I'll check out the Power 90. Seems like it may be better for me, too.
  • shannahrose
    Options
    lobster888 - i'm thinking of taking up Power 90 in the fall as well. Following our wedding, we are moving because i'll be working from a new office in my company, and with that, i'll have a pretty decent commute to work. To save some time in the AM, i'll start working out at home with exercise DVDs and i need a program that will motivate me to stay on track. i think if i just do random DVD's I might slack and not be so consistent. How long are the workouts? And how long (weeks) does the whole program run?

I've been good so far this week - shredding everyday and threw in a spin class last night. I bought some size 6 pants this week and almost died in the dressing room! WOOHOO!!

still good on no late night snacking and trying to eat as many fruit/veggies as possible! happy healthy thoughts to you all!
  • mshay05
    mshay05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options

I've been good so far this week - shredding everyday and threw in a spin class last night. I bought some size 6 pants this week and almost died in the dressing room! WOOHOO!!

still good on no late night snacking and trying to eat as many fruit/veggies as possible! happy healthy thoughts to you all!

OMG shannarose!!! Congrats! All the hard work is paying off nicely! :flowerforyou:
  • lobster888
    Options
    Hey shannarose and other losers, the original power 90 - is 90 days long with 6 workouts a week one / day off. It also comes with a meal plan that is pretty easy to follow - (I have been doing South beach so I teaked it a bit) . Each work out is between 35 and 45 mins. (Maybe one at 48). It have different levels and you can start with weights or bands and then switch back and forth or go up in weights. You can vary the reps when you first start. Tony says at least 8 reps. up to 15 then 20 on some exercises. So, if you are like me and scared of P90X ,(which runs almost an hour and starts pretty intense), like variety and don't think you can commit to an hour right away, then Power 90 might be for you. There is also a master series for Power 90 that is a link between Power 90 and P90X. The Master series gets a little longer and more intense but still with lots of variety. There is low impact and/or alternate ways of doing the move that Tony show you. I really like the program. I am on day 77 and I am going to do 30 more days with the Masters series when the first 90 is up. My wedding is 10-10-10 and that will take me until 9/30 . (pretty close). I knwo that I have only lost 7 pounds with the program and I have complained about these last three that won't move ....but I have to admitt that the difference in my body is really noticable. I have abs!!! My arms are very toned and my overall look is much more lean. It has really helped. I just have that number on the scale stuck in my head - which if after the 9/30 if it doesn't go down then I will be happy where I am at. I am just trying a little harder to make that goal. I am really close. Also my body fat (according to the same scale is down by about 3 % - so I am now in the fit range not just acceptable.

So, after all that... I recommend Power 90 and the Master Series. I love it and do it every morning!!!! Go to beachbody.com and check it out!!! Like Tony says keep pushing play! (No I am not a coach - I just really like the product) !!!
  • monkeysmum
    monkeysmum Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    tagging

well its been a hectic week so far not looking forward to friday weigh in its ramadan hubby is fasting and i have had to cook loads nice foods which has meant tastingthem all as well so the scales will not be my friend plus its almost TOM and i want chocolate nonstop grrrr i want a good week
  • shannahrose
    Options
    good morning!
    finished day 15 of the 30 day shred this morning, half way there!! still doing well on water & veggies - cheated last night with a small handful of craisins just before bed :( but had calories left, so at least i didn't go over there.

i'll be on the road for most of the day today for work and going out to lunch with some coworkers, so i have my healthy snacks packed and will try to ise good sense at lunch. should e able to ndo any damage at spinning tonight, too!

happy hUMp day!
  • RooMcDermott
    RooMcDermott Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Great Job ShannahRose!!!

I am going also going to check out the Power 90 dvd's, sounds like something to add to my mix :)
  • shellee9tj
    shellee9tj Posts: 221 Member
    Options

not greedy, just motivated! good for you!

That's a better way to look at it, thx!! :bigsmile: I saw that you fit into a sz 6, that's awesome, I am fitting into an 8 right now and I'm quite happy with that!! How tall are you?
  • shannahrose
    Options

That's a better way to look at it, thx!! :bigsmile: I saw that you fit into a sz 6, that's awesome, I am fitting into an 8 right now and I'm quite happy with that!! How tall are you?

i'm about 5'6". a size 6 is the smallest i've ever been. i'm still an 8 in most jeans, but in dress pants & highest waisted pants, i'm sneaking into a 6.
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Doing pretty good this week so far. Trying to work in some strengthening exercises as I have been slacking on them and just doing cardio. I love doing cardio but not so much with the strengthening. My sides are so sore today!! Keeping up with fluids and veggies.
    Keep it up all!!
  • princesspurple
    Options
    Another loss this week! I signed up to run a marathon in November-less weight=easier running:wink:
    Weight this week
    134!