when do people 'weigh in'?

just because i'm curious, when do people weigh themselves morning/night? I want to be my goal weight at my heaviest which would be during the day but yet I take my weekly weight in the morning, just wondered when other people weigh in. Also, how often do people weigh in? I weigh in weekly as I think that's the best way to keep an eye on my weight.

Replies

• I weigh myself every Saturday morning; any more than that and I find myself become obsessed..
  • ktno1
    ktno1 Posts: 297 Member
    I weigh in weekly on Wednesday mornings (just happened to be the day I started logging). Even though I weight more in the evenings, the amount more that I weigh will vary heaps from day to day (depending how much I've eaten/exercised on any particular day). My weight is most similar on a week to week basis in the morning so I always weigh then.
  • markiend
    markiend Posts: 461 Member
    first thing Monday morning usually. Jump on the scales , caliper for BF% , tape for measurements and photos too , adjust HRM if any changes. Log it all here

Right now I am 8 days into quitting smoking and I was prepared for improved appetite and weight gain... hopefuly it will taper off once the nicotine craving has subsided.

I used to check the scales to often and I think you can get easilly frustrated that way , doing it Monday also reminds me to not go crazy at the weekend... which many here do
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    I weigh myself every morning when I wake up, to see what I start the day at, and then weigh myself again at night to see how my day reacted with my body. Usually, I'm exactly 2 pounds heavier at night than I will be the following morning. If I'm more than 2 pounds up from the morning, I know I did something to make the gain that I will see the following morning, so I look back and figure out what that was. I weigh in on MFP once I see a loss for at least 2-3 days in a row. I don't tend to fluctuate a lot(other than going down), so this works fine for me.
  • I weight myself every night after shower. I step on the scale and then done
  • ehsan517
    ehsan517 Posts: 114
    never weigh myself.
    i use the mirror and progress pictures as a guide.
    i only weigh myself when i feel like eating more(to calculate my tdee) cause if im undereating below my tdee i`ll only get slimmer...whats the point of gym/training if im gonna be a walking talking stick. its good to have definition.

daily weigh ins are pointless. your bodyweight fluctuates round and about 10lbs daily based on water weight. but if you want an ideal time, i suppose early morning fasted is your best bet before the body kicks in with food/water/etc.
  • RachaelKaye4
    RachaelKaye4 Posts: 57 Member
    every STATurday morning :)

Then on the first of each month I record my measurements and normally take a progress pic :)

Rach xxxx
  • FrauMama
    FrauMama Posts: 169 Member
    Every morning.
  • kathystrauss1
    kathystrauss1 Posts: 142 Member
    I weigh myself once a week in the morning. I can see myself dropping down to every 2 weeks at some point but I would never trust myself to go just by how my clothes fit or how I look. That's what got me 100+ pounds overweight in the first place. I don't know if it's denial or poor self assessment skills but I just let the weight creep up. I need a number to keep me on track.
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    For my weigh in I always weigh in the morning at the same time. That's my lightest weight of the day. At this point I weigh every day to track my loss and how fast I'm losing since I'm still playing with my daily calorie numbers to find the right number, but I only enter a weight loss on the site once or twice a week.
  • rayfu75
    rayfu75 Posts: 209 Member
    usually once a week on friday or saturday morning when I remember
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Every morning. If the number doesn't change, it just makes me more determined to make it do so. And, I figure once I get to maintenance, a daily weigh will help keep me there.
  • ToBeAStrongerMan
    ToBeAStrongerMan Posts: 36 Member
    In the morning. I weigh myself everyday, but only record the weight on Fridays along with my body measurements
  • CitizenMichael
    CitizenMichael Posts: 50 Member
    once a week to record but I do have a sneaky peak most mornings, I find it has helped me stop overeating
  • p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Every day in the morning, first thing.

Trying hard not to; I think it is my addiction!
  • elkahallick
    elkahallick Posts: 1,138 Member
    Monday morning, after taking a pee before anything else