getting thighs smaller. any tips?? help

Options
okay i lost a ton of weight, i have mentioned this a lot. but it was by not eating and as soon as i ate i gained double. but a lot went to my thighs, any tips on how to get my thighs and butt smaller?? 18 year old female 5 foot 8.

Replies

• RitaCarriere
    RitaCarriere Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Google exercises for your glutes and hamstrings. Squats are amazing for those target areas. You can also do pelvic raises.
  • Mahihkan
    Mahihkan Posts: 162
    Options
    Wish it was possible.
    Unless there's still fat, you can't. You can only tone those muscles you were born with.

I know the pain. I was a figure ice skater, I over worked my legs from 8 y-o to 17 and got developed large thigh muscles
    A trainer I had a couple years ago, when I wanted to train again refused major leg training.... obviously I dont want my muscles to develop more and get bigger, so he suggest light weight training for the legs and lots a repetition, instead of adding more and more weight.
    At the time I got nice results: thighs were firm, the lil fat I had disappeared, so a lil smaller...

Of course today, I have do do it all over again (long story)

I know some people on here wasnt in tune with what my trainer said in the past, but it worked for me, I got closer to the result I wanted.
  • FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    People tend to gain weight from the center of the body out...so waist, belly, abdomen, butt, then upper arms/thighs & neck, then face & lower arms/legs. When you lose, you do it in the reverse order. You cannot spot reduce, BUT you can keep on losing weight w/healthy diet & exercise, & eventually they'll get smaller. Right now I'm at a maintenance level at 125 lbs/16.5% body fat & it seems the last fat that's hanging around is on my inner thighs. But I have noticed that as I continue to lose body fat, exercise, & eat right, they are slowly getting smaller. Hang in there.
  • Tribesmama
    Options
    Iv the same problem iv got thighs Roberto Carlos wld b proud of.
    Iv got huge muscles as well as fat around them. As soon as i exercise my thigh muscles get bigger. Iv started running couple times a week, a 3 mile run (im slowly going to increase) and couple 1.5m sprint/jog, im hoping that this will help to lean the muscle in my thighs as well as lose bf all round. I have just started lifted weights as well but they only go to 60lb so no fear of too heavy squats
  • taylorvonlehe
    Options
    Wish it was possible.
    Unless there's still fat, you can't. You can only tone those muscles you were born with.

I know the pain. I was a figure ice skater, I over worked my legs from 8 y-o to 17 and got developed large thigh muscles
    A trainer I had a couple years ago, when I wanted to train again refused major leg training.... obviously I dont want my muscles to develop more and get bigger, so he suggest light weight training for the legs and lots a repetition, instead of adding more and more weight.
    At the time I got nice results: thighs were firm, the lil fat I had disappeared, so a lil smaller...

I know some people on here wasnt in tune with what my trainer said in the past, but it worked for me, I got closer to the result I wanted.

will long but slow pace jogging help as well??
  • Inshape13
    Inshape13 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    When I began running I saw a big difference in my thighs and that I workout ALOT, but that is the one thing that really changed the definition in my thighs.
  • Mahihkan
    Mahihkan Posts: 162
    Options
    Wish it was possible.

will long but slow pace jogging help as well??

My guess is yes... since I had a lot of cardio in my routine (Bike for example).
    Basically what it told me is no heavy weights.... light, and lots of repetitions.