Need opinions/help/friends!

Options
Hey guys, I'm just going to give you a quick run down of what has happened so far and if it is normal or a little slow, and what I can do to improve it! :)

I'm going to provide an extensive list of stats about me too just so I can get the best answer :)

Height: 170 cm

Start Date: 14/10/2013 or (10/14/2013 for American folk)
Start Weight: 80.3kg

Current Date 6/11/2013 (23 days elapsed) (11/6/2013 for American folk)
Current Weight: 77.3kg

Progress: 3kg in 23 days
Progress Picture: http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/5490/psg4.jpg

Calorie intake: ~1500 calories a day
Carbs 175g / Fat 25g / Protein 125g / Sugar 25g

Lots of chicken and fish, vegetables, whole grains and rice and the occasional 85% cocoa chocolate (and I'm loving it!)

My exercise routine consists of 90 minutes x 4 - 5 times a week weight training with a friend who trains me.

I am curious about a few things, firstly is my rate of weight loss too slow? I am doing something wrong? The last 10 days I've been slowly went down from 77.7 kg to 77.3 kg.

Secondly, should I incorporate some cardio? And thirdly, how are my macros? I'm aiming to hit about 68-70kg by the end of the year. I really appreciate any help and please feel free to add me, I need some friends on here! :)

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Well there are some typos in there that make your post not add up so much but I will say if you lost 3kg, or over 6 lbs in less than a month that is a very good rate. I assume you are a male so your calories seema little low but fine as long as you are eating back some of your exercise. Macros depend alot on your goals so that is a really broad question and hard to answer. Looks like you are eating a good amount of protein though which is great with the lifting.

Sorry just realized your dates are in a different format that I am used to so I apologize and it does make sense now :)
  • zak138
    zak138 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Sorry just realized your dates are in a different format that I am used to so I apologize and it does make sense now :)

That's okay! I put in the other format in brackets just in case anyone else gets mixed up.

Thanks for your comment, I am aiming to hit about 68-70kg by December and be relatively lean-ish (?) I suppose :P
  • stt43
    stt43 Posts: 487
    Options
    I don't really have anything to say in terms of your weight loss. What I would say is, in my opinion, you should be doing about an hour of cardio a week, split up however you want (i.e. 30mins twice a week, 20mins three times a week, etc.) to help with weight loss, and just for general fitness and well-being.
    Secondly, your fat intake is too low. Fat is essential for your body for many reasons. The main one which will probably effect you most is hormones. Having such a low fat intake will destroy testosterone production, perhaps permanently if it is done for too long. You can research for yourself about why fat intake is important, and how much you should be consuming, but I would suggest somewhere between 50g-85g for someone of your size.
  • zak138
    zak138 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Secondly, your fat intake is too low. Fat is essential for your body for many reasons. The main one which will probably effect you most is hormones. Having such a low fat intake will destroy testosterone production, perhaps permanently if it is done for too long. You can research for yourself about why fat intake is important, and how much you should be consuming, but I would suggest somewhere between 50g-85g for someone of your size.

Oh wow, I just did a quick read up and I have noticed a few things on the list that are happening to me with the low fat intake particularly the mood and behaviour. Appreciate it, ideal intake is about 60g for my intake of calories :)

Thank you.