Needs some encouragement

Options
Hello My name is Camille and I am new to this site but not to dieting, I have been having a real difficulty staying committed to my diet, I tend to stress eat..and alot of times lack motivation, i definetly need some encouragment

Replies

• You will definitely get motivation and encouragement here. There are so many good people willing to give advice or a quick pick me up.

But you also have to make sure you make the choice to live a healthier life. Don't diet. Don't try to commit to anything you don't want to have to keep up with 2 years from now. Diets are unrealistic and unhealthy.

Good luck on your journey and be sure to check in! :) You will have plenty support the more good people you add.
  • SamanthaD1218
    SamanthaD1218 Posts: 304 Member
    Options

But you also have to make sure you make the choice to live a healthier life. Don't diet. Don't try to commit to anything you don't want to have to keep up with 2 years from now. Diets are unrealistic and unhealthy.

^Really great advice! Try to focus on adopting a healthier lifestyle in general, and it won't feel like as much of a chore. You'll find that as you make better choices, you'll feel better and also get lots of support from people here.

On that note, people on MFP are SO supportive - I always look forward to seeing nice comments every time I post that I have exercised, or when I've finished my food diary and had a really healthy eating day. And I always offer encouragement and congratulations to other people, too! It's a great community :)
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other commenters, diets don't work and I don't think they are good for you either.

Start with small changes and as you start feeling better and probably seeing some changes in not only your weight but probably how you feel it will get easier. I started with working out and listening to my body that was crying out for nutrients! This site helps with taking a good look at what we are really eating and I think it really helps us to make better choices.

For the past few days I have been Stress Eating/ Winter Doldrums Eating or something and I am having a hard time working that out - but that is real life so I persevere through it and though I had a good breakfast and lunch, I lost my mind in late afternoon :laugh:
    Since I work out in the morning I have to have a decent dinner and look to tomorrow as another day to get to right!