Maximize results quickly??

Options
I have been sticking to a healthy lowfat diet very seriously for about three weeks. I have a back injury so I can not do much exercising other than walking and lifting a small amount of weight. I have only lost four pounds in two - three weeks and I have not noticed much of a difference. I am also taking fish oil supplements. I am motivated however; I would really like to hit ten pounds or at least notice a 15-20 pound loss by month two. I am just not loosing weight fast enough in my opinion. I dread getting on the scale without seeing that number go down being that I am trying so hard to lose weight via diet and exercise. Does anyone have any tips on how to maximize my results given the situation I am in? Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    the words weight loss and quickly do not go hand in hand. It's a marathon, not a sprint. over the course of the past year + I've lost some weight, maintained, lost some more weight, maintained, etc...for a total of about 40 Lbs...it's consistency over a long period of time. To maximize your results, give it time and focus on the process and proper nutrition and fitness...trying to go fast is just going to lead to crash dieting and you can pretty much guarantee you'll put that weight back on. Take your time and actually learn something and you will "maximize" your results in the long run.

Also if you don't think you're losing fast enough, you need to re-evaluate your expectations. How long did it take you to put the weight on? But you want it off instantly...sounds legit.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're doing just fine - a pound a week is good progress and you've lost a tad more than that. You don't want to rush it.

Good advice from cwolfman13!
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    My advice would be to stop weighing so often. Weight loss is not linear and expecting to see a smaller number every time you step on the scale is not realistic. Stick to weighing once a week or once a fortnight.

You're losing at a healthy, steady weight. Aim to continue losing around 1lb per week. Lose much more than this and you stand to lose muscle mass as well as fat.