Upping calories - how do I do this?

Options
I'm so conditioned to aiming for around 1200 calories that I am having trouble planning & eating more calories. After researching the whole BMR/TDEE thing, I have decided to test out eating 1500 calories per day. I thought it would be easy to do, but I find it difficult to incorporate into my day. Any suggestions on breaking out the calories by meal or other ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    1. Open main face hole.

2. Insert foodstuff

3. Chew

4. Swallow

5. Repeat steps 1-4

:D

Am I understanding you correctly? You don't have an appetite beyond 1200 calories? If that's all it is, I guess you could add a couple of tablespoons of natural peanut butter. That'd get you close to your calorie goal without much chewing or prep. :/
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    With your diary closed and no idea of what you're already eating, it's tough to give specific advice.

Most people who have a hard time eating more than 1200 calories have cut out the calorie dense, higher fat foods that are still good for you. Nuts, nut butters, cheese, full fat dairy, salad dressings, whole eggs, avocado, Greek yogurt, olive oil or coconut oil, juices, smoothies, etc. It should be relatively simple to boost each meal but a couple of hundred calories with a little preplanning.