C'mon! Last 2lbs- Need help

I feel like a horrible person for even posting this, but I either need someone to tell me to stop being a baby, give me some motivation, or advice.

I started my weight loss journey in May and to date I've lost 47.4lbs. My goal is to lose a total of 50lbs. So I LITERALLY have 2-3lbs to go based on flucuations. I'd really like to stay under 140 after that.

I am currently doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred & running. I've completed a round of Insanity. I'm focusing on running right now because I have 5K's scheduled and eventually a half marathon. I'm doing 30DS because I get told a lot to add weights to help with weight loss.

I'm starting to freak out that these last 3lbs are NOT going to leave my body.

Replies

• melissaka7
    melissaka7 Posts: 277 Member
    Anyone? Please?
  • Barbonica
    Barbonica Posts: 337 Member
    OK - time to man up. You see the finish line and you want to cross it, but you just aren't there quite yet. You CAN do it and you WILL do it! As you approach goal, loss becomes slower. You are eating at maintenance if you are not losing, so you need to cut a little more food (or add a little more exercise). It might take a 4-6 weeks for those last pesky pounds to come off, but they will. Just cut out 100 calories a day. In other words - an apple. Keep on doing what you are doing, and remember - this is what you will be doing to maintain. HURRAH for being so close to goal, congratulations on what you have achieved!
  • melissaka7
    Thanks. That does help. :)
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Are you satisfied with the way you look?
    How much of an impact on your body and on the way you look now do you think 2 lbs will have, cause you do realize that it's just a number, nothing more nothing less..

Not that I don't want to encourage you or anything but numbers on the scale mean squat. The way you look and how you feel is where it's at
  • melissaka7
    I am almost satisfied with the way I look. I am hoping that 30 Day Shred and then P90X will help with the body issues. I'd like a flatter stomach and muscles in my arms/legs.

I definitely feel better about my body than when I started though.
  • GoRun2
    GoRun2 Posts: 448 Member
    It took me forever to lose the last 2 pounds. I was getting a little lax on the plan since I looked pretty good in the mirror.
    I had a lng talk with myself and buckled down on the eating and the exercising. It still took a couple of weeks after the buckle down to lose the last 2 lbs.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    I am almost satisfied with the way I look. I am hoping that 30 Day Shred and then P90X will help with the body issues. I'd like a flatter stomach and muscles in my arms/legs.

I definitely feel better about my body than when I started though.
    At this point you'd probably be better off forgetting about the number on the scale and focusing on what you look like and feel like. When you're talking about losing 2 lbs, weight is actually pretty meaningless. Don't obsess over a particular number on the scale that no one else can even see.

Chances are that when you lose that 2 lbs, you'll still be "almost satisfied" with how you look.

ETA: oh, and I'd definitely recommend adding in strength training, with weights, both for body recomposition, and for improving your running. :smile:
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Hello everyone! My name is Ashley and I want to tell you all about something I have been using for weight loss, it’s called EVOLV! It works, seriously. Here’s a little bit about me. I’m 19; I am in college and working 20 hours a week. I have struggled for as long as I can remember, I weigh 170 and am 5’3. This last summer I recently gained 20lbs, so as you can imagine I have been pretty down about my recent gain, until about a month ago a family friend told me about Evolv and talked me into trying the products and I just signed up to be a promoter of this amazing product. But lets be honest at first I was skeptical, I have tried many products and had them not work, but I decided what’s one more thing. So, I am on my 2nd week and I have lost 10 pounds! I’m getting so excited! The product I rely on is the shakes I have one in the morning, have a light lunch and good supper and I still feel great. But please don’t think this is a substitute for exercise you NEED to exercise not only to lose weight but also to work your heart, lungs, and many other body parts! My exercise plan is three to four times a week for at least 30 minutes doing anything that gets my heart rate up, I cant wait to see how this product works for me! If anyone who reads this is interested in learning more, looking into the many products Evolv offers, or just talking about weight loss goals, contact me at ************* check out my evolve website ***********! Thank you to anyone who took a look at my story! I hope I hope everyone gets to experience what I am feeling right now! I know what it feels like to struggle with your weight! So believe me I would not be talking about this if I weren’t seeing results!

Edited out websites.

Nope and no advertising is allowed on the forums.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    You do realize that you're never going to weigh exactly XXX Lbs right? Weight isn't static...2 Lbs can be some extra poop or something in your intestines. I've been maintaining for 6 months and I fluctuate between 180 - 185 pretty much day to day with my overall average being about 182. Personally I'd stop obsessing about some arbitrary number on the scale...2 Lbs isn't going to make jack **** difference in the way you look. If you're not satisfied with the way you look you should probably start looking into body re-comp and hit the weight room...but 2 Lbs is neither here nor there honestly.
  • melissaka7
    I'm okay with flucuations. I said that. The point is I want to be under 140. I'd love to be between 135-140.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    OP:
    We are talking two pounds here. I can understand wanting to achieve a goal, but it really is just a number.
  • melissaka7
    OP:
    We are talking two pounds here. I can understand wanting to achieve a goal, but it really is just a number.

I understand. But it's important to me. I've worked really hard and come so far.
  • Barbonica
    Barbonica Posts: 337 Member
    I agree that losing 2 pounds isn't going to change how anyone may look, but working toward a specific goal and achieving it does affect how we feel. We see a lot of "one-der-land" success stories; what is the difference between 200 pounds and 199? It is a goal, an objective, and after all the hard work she put in, I think that OP's 2 pounds is just as meaningful to her as the 1 pound loss of the person who achieved one-der-land. Just my thought... but, I also get emotionally attached to numbers. :tongue:
  • melissaka7
    I agree that losing 2 pounds isn't going to change how anyone may look, but working toward a specific goal and achieving it does affect how we feel. We see a lot of "one-der-land" success stories; what is the difference between 200 pounds and 199? It is a goal, an objective, and after all the hard work she put in, I think that OP's 2 pounds is just as meaningful to her as the 1 pound loss of the person who achieved one-der-land. Just my thought... but, I also get emotionally attached to numbers. :tongue:

Thank you. :)
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    YOU CAN DO IT !!!!! CHEER CHEER CHEER
    You have come this far you WILL make the last few pounds.
    Sounds like you are doing everything right, just be patient and it will come off and maybe more.
    I know what you mean- by looking at your ticker- sure wish the 48 was a 50 !!!!!
    Great work and keep it up !!!