1.5 months and just realized calorie deficit included

Options
I cant believe after a month and a half of using MFP i have been eating below my calorie goal NOT knowing that my calorie deficit was included. I guess i should have realized since i said i wanted to lose 2lbs a week. Im not starving myself and i dont feel hungry alot and when i do i just eat an apple or some carrots. Anyone care to view my diary for my eating habits.. Yes i eat alot of chicken and rice.. that is pretty much the diet i am on right now.. I will incorporate other foods as i learn what i need to eat to stay healthy and fit. Any advice everyone can give would be helpful. If im not hungry should i try to eat to make my 1730 calories a day?

Keith

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    1200 calories is the recommended bare minimum for a sedentary woman to ensure proper nutrition. You aren't a sedentary woman, so yes I think you should be eating more. You can increase your calories slowly if you want to, but you're going to have to increase them eventually when you reach your goals and transition to maintenance. Learn how to eat properly now and you'll have an easier time with that swtich.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I cant believe after a month and a half of using MFP i have been eating below my calorie goal NOT knowing that my calorie deficit was included. I guess i should have realized since i said i wanted to lose 2lbs a week. Im not starving myself and i dont feel hungry alot and when i do i just eat an apple or some carrots. Anyone care to view my diary for my eating habits.. Yes i eat alot of chicken and rice.. that is pretty much the diet i am on right now.. I will incorporate other foods as i learn what i need to eat to stay healthy and fit. Any advice everyone can give would be helpful. If im not hungry should i try to eat to make my 1730 calories a day?

Keith

If you're not hungry, don't eat to meet a quota. But make sure your meals are nutritious.