Do you track your veggies??

Options

Replies

• KeViN_v2pt0
    KeViN_v2pt0 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    One of the most important things to me is fiber, so yes, I track all vegetables.

Some vegetables have a lot of calories. Cucumbers and tomatoes probably aren't going to make much difference.

If it has a calorie you should track it.

Actually scratch that. Randomly track whatever you want, then come back in the forums every once in awhile when things just arent working out to complain and act frustrated. Then when someone points out the obvious get all mad at call them bullies.

But above all else start the topic with Loose and not Lose.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    WW also gives you a smaller daily calorie allowance to account for the fact they want you eating a lot of fruit and veggies. MFP assumes you'll log them and gives you a higher calorie goal. If you mix and match your favorite parts of different programs don't be surprised when you don't get the results you want.
  • lala121182
    Options
    ok thanks everyone!
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    EVERY calorie counts, veggie or not. I track everything
  • musicboxes
    musicboxes Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others..Tracking everything is the only way to keep track of daily calories. Then you can review your reports, see where you are, where you have been & what works for you.

Haven't found too many foods without any calories. You may be surprised at the calorie count.
  • calx77
    calx77 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I even put in green tea which has literally nothing to it.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    They have calories so I count them. MFP isn't WW. So the rules aren't really the same. With WW the 5 servings are kinda figured into your points already. That's why many times if you're not losing weight they tell you to look at your fruit intake. There were women eating 3 or 4 bananas, an apple, half a cantalope, watermelon, etc. all in one day on top of their points. If it has calories I do count it now.
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Wait…you can EAT vegetables? I thought they were just for decoration? :bigsmile:
  • Brandolin11
    Brandolin11 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    As everyone has already said, all calories count so yes, track the veggies.

I would add that the ACT of tracking everything is just as important as the food itself.

One thing that most Overeaters have in common is that we tend to live in denial. We don't want to face reality. Thus we escape into food and bad habits in regards to food. Tracking is a way to make us face the cold, hard facts about what we're consuming. Thus, we learn lessons about the reality of life. If you practice the (bad) habit of omitting little things then eventually you'll start omitting bigger things as well.

Work on developing the character trait of facing reality and making yourself accountable to a higher process. Tracking everything will do this for you.
  • Penfoldsplace
    Options
    I don't often track lettuce, it's like 10 calories a cup. I pretty much count most other veggies.
  • run2bfree
    run2bfree Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    yupers! track'em. especially fruit because of sugar intake and some veggies that have lots of carbs. :) sneaky little macros!
  • samammay
    samammay Posts: 468
    Options
    I have between 2 and 400 calories worth of veggies a day. Not counting veggies would be like not counting tootsie pops (also have 2-400 calories of a day)
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I like to track potassium, and most veggies have some..............and fiber, too.

So, like most everyone else here - log it!
  • JourneyingJessica
    JourneyingJessica Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I track, weigh & log most foods very carefully.

Same deal with most vegetables- peas have a lot of calories. I won't however do things like garlic, baby spinach & onions (diet staples) i log them but more as an estimate. I didn't gain weight weight from baby spinach.

My feeling is if i carefully measure 99.9% of things i eat, a couple of low cal veggies aren't going to make a difference. For example, A whole box of spinach is 35 calories or 3.5cups. so i estimate a generous handful is 1c *shrugs*

I have a lot of weight to lose still. If i can't make what I'm doing sustainable, for me, for long haul - ill give up.
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Definitely count them, but vegetables are usually negligible in calories-- especially f'ing broccoli.

God, I hate broccoli.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Wait…you can EAT vegetables? I thought they were just for decoration? :bigsmile:

I think that's parsley. It's not really good for anything else right?
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    If it goes into my mouth I count it regardless of if its just lettuce

^that. :smile: I even log my tea (even though it doesn't have any calories, as well as the 1/2 tsp of honey that I put in it). If it touches my tongue, I log it. :happy:

I sometimes track diet soda or drinks free of calories, because they still contain sodium.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    I have done weight watchers plenty of times and you dont have to count vegetables at all?? HOw important is it to count lettuce,cucumbers and tomatoes??? just curious if it really makes a difference

It's important to log everything you put into your mouth because it provides an accurate picture.
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I count everything.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    Yes. Yesterday I ate about 150 cals in veggies