New Foods You Have Tried

Options
Are there any new foods you have tried since since staring MFP or have you stayed mostly the same? I have stayed mostly the same.

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Just last night I tried Fiber Gourmet pasta after reading a post about it. It's high fiber lower calorie pasta that replaces some of the flour with resistant starch. It tasted just like regular white pasta, but for half the calories.

I think that is the only new food I've tried, but I've tried some new recipes or food combinations based on recommendations from MFP members.
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I'm always on the prowl for new stuff. I recently discovered the Roasted Red Pepper/Tomato soup from Trader Joe's. It comes in a carton not a can and has 100 calories per cup. Had some for lunch today with 1/2 a grilled cheese sandwich. Heaven.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Quinoa. Swiss Chard, Kale, Brussel Sprouts

I would like to try nopales.

Trying new things keeps meal times interesting.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I am trying to find new foods, so I don't get bored with the same old stuff. Recently I've tried butternut squash, and quinoa. I also just bought a bag of chia seeds to try.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I am trying to find new foods, so I don't get bored with the same old stuff. Recently I've tried butternut squash, and quinoa. I also just bought a bag of chia seeds to try.

Oh, I did try chia seeds. More than 6 months later, I still have over half the small expensive carton.
  • Urban_Princess
    Urban_Princess Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I've just started eating foods I'm supposed to eat instead of eating glorious, tasteful, fattening Taco Bell.

I never liked bell peppers before but now I'm adding it into everything. I'm eating a lot more bean sprouts too.

In terms of something new I tried making a few recipes from the Wheat Belly diet book which uses almond flour (I didn't really like it), and wild rice in soup (sooo goood. I've never made soup before so this was a huge accomplishment). I also tried Truvia. I hate it.
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    eaten:
    - lentils
    - almond milk
    - kale

have but haven't eaten yet:
    - hemp hearts
    - quinoa