Best workout DVDs?

Options
Hi all!

So I'm the mom of a one year old, full time in school for my masters' degree and part time (aka whenever I get a spare second - HAH) work from home. To say I have little free time is putting it mildly, and to say I have lack of funding pool to pay for a gym membership - well our disposable income for the next 8-10 months is at a minimum until school is done.

What I would really like to find out are some popular DVDs or DVD series people have used to get exercise at home. I have some equipment (light weights, resistance bands, mat) but not a whole lot. In the past I have REALLY enjoyed the P90X Kenpo DVD but find the rest of P90X to be a little much for me. I just like the approach of Tony Horton a lot, and the way he guides you through the moves and encourages you.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I did like the martial arts (?? however it is classified) aspect of the Kenpo so if there are similar series with similar instruction styles, I would find that to be ideal. Just looking to get something that will get me motivated and encouraged without having to brave the cold mornings to go walking/jogging.

If there is a post on here that directs you to a good list, I'm happy to check out things previously stated - just didn't see one in my very brief search during my study break :)

Thanks!
Heather

Replies

• rosestring
    rosestring Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I might get a lot of hate for this, but...

Have you tried the 10 Minute Solutions Pilates DVD's? They have plenty, from abs-targeted, to bum/thighs, cardio, etc. Yeah, it's 10 minutes. But if you don't have time for any 20+ minutes of exercise, it's better than nothing.

That said, I am about to start Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred, which are just a few minutes under 30 minutes. The DVD does apparently do wonders for such a short amount of time, though. I'd give it a go, if possible.

Since I will be working part-time, going to school part-time, and practicing for music school as much as possible (not counting nights spent with the boyfriend!), I'm in the same boat as you. Good luck!
  • rolemodel69
    Options
    Les Mills Combat ?? And it is pretty cheap at 59$