Trouble figuring out calories for this salad, need help

Options
It is Marketside chef salad from Walmart. Everything I find included the dressing, which I did not use. Can anyone help? Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• unocentavo
    unocentavo Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Yeah, alot of times on the salads, you have to add what type lettuce, spinach etc. Then add the extras that were in it individually. After that, especially if you eat that type of salad frequently, you can actually add it to the food data.
  • isadoc
    isadoc Posts: 19
    Options
  • MaureenH39
    MaureenH39 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Thanks to both of you! isadoc I am assuming that is the entire salad? It says 1 salad - large. It says it is 15 ounces on the site, but on the salad it is measure by cups, it says 4.5 servings of 1 cup each. If that IS the entire salad I was over estimating...it is mainly lettuce, carrot, cherry tomato, turkey, little bit of cheese.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Is there a brand name on the dressing? If, for example, the dressing was Ken's Balsamic Vinaigrette, you could look up the nutrition information for that and just subtract it out. If there is no brand name listed, you could just look up a generic salad dressing that is that flavor and subtract that out.

Hope that helps! :flowerforyou:
  • MaureenH39
    Options
    I actually thought of that the last time I had this salad, BUT I could not find the dressing calories anywhere, lol It is also Marketside, buttermilk ranch 3oz. Thanks!
  • isadoc
    isadoc Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi!
    It seems to be the whole salad, which means it is a great choice without dressing... did you eat it "dry" or did you add some kind of low-cal dressing(just curious!)?

Isa
  • MaureenH39
    Options
    Wow, not bad! It is a good sized salad too :wink: I didn't use their dressing, opted for my own at home which was Wishbone, light parmesan peppercorn ranch. it is 45 calories for 2 tablesspoons.