Does anyone else do this? Sugary ceral as a snack

Options
I'm eating a bowl of captain crunch berries and 1/2 cup of almond milk as a snack. That's 115 calories total! Why is this not a well known snack? It has a good amount of iron & calcium...

Replies

• starrycarina
    Options
    I occasionally eat cereal as a snack but I don't eat sugary ones. I normally buy things like Rice Chex, Special K or something similar. Love the sweet stuff but I try to watch my sugar intake! Definitely love cereal as a snack though!
  • TequillaLover89
    TequillaLover89 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I guess I don't watch sugar... Just calories and fat, maybe thats why its a good snack option for me.
  • Oscarinmiami
    Oscarinmiami Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    all of those cereals are made with gmo products very bad for you...that's why they tastes so good
  • starrycarina
    Options
    I guess I don't watch sugar... Just calories and fat, maybe thats why its a good snack option for me.

Hey if you're not watching your sugar... That is pretty low cal.
  • BL_Coleman
    BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I prefer frosted flakes...and its my breakfast...

although now that you mention it..I would really like some now for snack...but I don't have any ..:sad:
  • TequillaLover89
    Options
    all of those cereals are made with gmo products very bad for you...that's why they tastes so good
    I don't mind gmo/sugar/fake stuff... As long as it tastes good and has low calories
  • BL_Coleman
    BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Glitch, just re coppied my original post..gotta love technology
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    i like cascadian farms dark chocolate granola.. but not much else..

i'm a cereal snob. :~p
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    NO! I don't think it's possible for me to do that. My bowl = half a box. I still haven't gotten over that particular problem yet! But that might be solved now since I've gone gluten free. These cereals aren't the greatest. So a 100 cal cereal snack might be possible now.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Cocoa Pebbles...............my kryptonite!
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    It is pretty low-cal, but I find that the more I have of that sort of thing, the more I want it. So it's not something I have in my rotation.
  • slim4health56
    slim4health56 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Fiber One Chocolate cereal dry is actually pretty good as a snack when I want sweet chocolate. Also, the added fiber helps.
  • crevices
    crevices Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    i do this all the time though
  • romancefan1983
    romancefan1983 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I haven't had cereal as a snack in forever but it is a VERY yummy snack!! My favorite snack cereals are Cap N Crunch or Trix. I have to watch out as those are my kids' fav's too..... Cereal standoff!! :laugh:
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Must be a tiny amount of cereal. Like 1/2 an ounce? :huh:

I eat cereal 5 times a week. Minimum of 3 cups of cereal...some days I'm at 6-8. It's freaking delicious. Always as an evening snack.
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I have lucky charms. SO GOOD
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    peanut butter crunch
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy frosted mini wheats as a snack--a bit higher in calories, but they taste great, are satisfyingly crunchy to eat dry, are just sweet enough, and when enjoyed with a mug of tea, coffee or ice water, expand to fill the belly. Oh yeah, and they have lots of filling fiber, too!
  • ksuetorres
    ksuetorres Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    For my evening snack when I need to get some calories in (I'm on maintenance, don't want to lose any more) -- I have a serving of Kashi (Go Lean if I need more calories, Indigo Morning if I need fewer), Light and Fit Nonfat Yogurt and perhaps a frozen banana. YUM!!!
  • TequillaLover89
    Options
    NO! I don't think it's possible for me to do that. My bowl = half a box. I still haven't gotten over that particular problem yet! But that might be solved now since I've gone gluten free. These cereals aren't the greatest. So a 100 cal cereal snack might be possible now.
    You could try those single serving boxes?