297 -> 175 -> 190. Looking for motivation again!

Options
Hi everyone. I'm Meg - 21, living in London as a student. I was a member on MFP before (from 210 pounds -> 175) and left. Felt very happy and confident for one of the first times in my life but have since unfortunately put back on over a stone and feeling like I'm back at square one. I feel really frustrated and as if I've let myself down. I also feel like I'll never like my body or will feel truly confident about myself again. I've lost a lot of interest in things and my personality has become so negative. I just feel awful.

BUT I remember when I was doing this before I felt fantastic and I want to get that sort of feeling back. I recognise that I can do this - and sitting here feeling sorry for myself isn't the answer. I would love to find some friends who are ready to motivate, and be motivated together! :)

Replies

• provence9
    provence9 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Well, even though you are half my age, your post resonated with me. I have been as high as 205 pounds and as low as 140 (not for long:(. Last year, I was at 163 and maintaining it for a while. I felt pretty good. Then, it started creeping up again. Now, I'm at 181 and I feel like I need someone to be accountable to.
    So, if you're interested in being an accountability pal to a middle-aged female teacher rom the US, let me know.
    Barb