What to do outside when alone?

Options
2»

Replies

• rb16fitness
    rb16fitness Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Look at meetup.com there are millions of people in the same situation as you. Too much isolation isn't good for your mental health. Most the groups are free to join and range from meeting for coffee to parachute jumps. Whatever your interests they'll be a group for you.
    Good luck.
  • rgugs13
    rgugs13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I walk and listen to audio books. I got started listening to them on long drives when music got boring, but if you get a good long book, it can keep you captive longer than your drive, and it feels silly to just sit in a chair listening to it, so get out and walk.
  • FirecrackerJess
    FirecrackerJess Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Being happy alone is an acquired trait. The first thing you need to know is that you can anything alone. Eat in restaurants, go the movies, skate, rollerblade, talk to people smoking outside of bars, go the special interest meetings, go *in* the bar and have a red ale, wander the aisles of the bookstore and check out you favourite authours newest books. Take yourself on a date.

I was happy being alone. Now, since this girl, I don't want to stay home because I think about her.

And also, I don't know, I have never been to a bar alone. Is it normal to go to a bar alone?

You sound like the male version of me.
  • FirecrackerJess
    FirecrackerJess Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I just read a post about an app called Ingress. It's only for Android but will be released elsewhere soon. It makes you walk to landmarks in your city to play the game. I know you said you don't do games or walk, but maybe if you put them together it'd keep you busy enough :smile:

I've had Ingress for awhile, i belive you have to be invited to play...but i could be wrong. I still have 4 invites left if anyone wants on. It's pretty awesome, "portals" are popping up all over the place now. When i first got it there weren't that many out there, but now they're EVERYWHERE!! :) It kinda reminds me of stuff like Geo cashing...but not as 'hard' because you just walk to a portal instead of having to actually find where something is hidden lol

I want an invite!! I wanted to try Geo Cashing but yeah.. I'd never find anything.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Find a book you want to read. Go for a walk. Go see a movie. Find some TV shows to watch (that pretty much keeps me busy 2-3 hours a night, lol). Start playing an online game.