Frustrated!

Options
2»

Replies

• brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Under FOOD there is a recipe box where you can enter the whole recipe and then just tell it how many servings the whole recipe makes and how many you are eating. It will store the recipe so next time you don't have to reenter just fill in the number of servings you eat. I hope this helps.

This. Use the enter new recipe tab.

This. Then weigh the whole finished product. Find out how many grams it has and set the number of servings to the number of grams. Then weigh whatever portion you take in grams. That's how many servings you had. It simplifies it immensely.
  • kristibethbeck
    Options
    Wow! Lots of good ideas! Thank you for responding. I think I got it but just don't know how accurate it will be. For instance 1 can of cream corn is 60 cal. for a 1/2 cup but there are 3 1/2 servings in a can. I used the whole can so for servings I would enter 3 1/2 for that ingredient. also another example is sour cream, there are 40 cal. per serving which is 2 Tbls. 15 per container. I used half a container so for this ing. I just put 7 servings. Then in the end it will just calculate 8 servings as a whole. Does this all sound correct?
  • tottie06
    tottie06 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    So you entered 8 servings. Not sure if this is what you are asking, but you can simply click that entry, and a window will pop up where you can correct the amount of servings you had. I believe the standard serving size of something like a casserole is 8oz or 1 cup.
  • ktsimons
    ktsimons Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Under FOOD there is a recipe box where you can enter the whole recipe and then just tell it how many servings the whole recipe makes and how many you are eating. It will store the recipe so next time you don't have to reenter just fill in the number of servings you eat. I hope this helps.

This. Use the enter new recipe tab.

This. Then weigh the whole finished product. Find out how many grams it has and set the number of servings to the number of grams. Then weigh whatever portion you take in grams. That's how many servings you had. It simplifies it immensely.

Oh for crap sake, this is brilliant! :drinker:

I am always trying to divvy it up in equal servings or use some stupid kind of cups/quarts eyeball measurement....Just weigh the empty pan, cook, weigh the result, shazam!

You made my night! LOL
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Wow! Lots of good ideas! Thank you for responding. I think I got it but just don't know how accurate it will be. For instance 1 can of cream corn is 60 cal. for a 1/2 cup but there are 3 1/2 servings in a can. I used the whole can so for servings I would enter 3 1/2 for that ingredient. also another example is sour cream, there are 40 cal. per serving which is 2 Tbls. 15 per container. I used half a container so for this ing. I just put 7 servings. Then in the end it will just calculate 8 servings as a whole. Does this all sound correct?

Yes, if you use the recipes function AND you select 8 as the number of servings. (You can also take things to decimal places, so 7.5 servings for the sour cream as an ingredient.)
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    no please do not add it to the database for everyone to use!! nonono! its too cluttered already
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options

You can do it this way, but there is usually a serving size by cans of things to select "whole can", or for the sour cream, slelect whole container and then .5 for number of servings. A little less math that way, but either way will work. If its something you make often, save it under "my meals" and you can save your recipe, but not for the whole database, just for you. It does seem tedious at first, but once you get used to it, and get several of your "regular" recipes saved, it will get easier.
  • IanBee93
    IanBee93 Posts: 237
    Options
    Had the exact same problem. I didn't know about the recipe feature on here. Which is why I lose weight faster eating fast food since I knew how many cals were in eat item.:glasses: