1 Cal - Lemon juice - Raw, 1 wedge yields
64 Cal - Honey, 1 tbsp
1304 Cal - 12 Chicken Thighs meat only

Total Calories: 1503
Per Serving Calories: 376
Carbs: 7g
Fat: 19g
Protein: 41g

Soak the chicken in about a cup of sake, for 10 - 15 minutes, you will not use that much sake, only what is left on the chicken will be counted.
Lightly cover the chicken in flour, it does not take much
On a medium low heat, add the olive oil to the frying pan and then add the chicken, do NOT over cook the chicken should be lightly browned and still moist inside. Add some spices if you like, a sprinkle of Oregano or maybe some pepper.
While the chicken is slowly cooking, mix the mustard, mayo and honey together, then lastly squeeze the wedge of lemon into the mix, you can use lemon juice as well, but don't over do it!

When the chicken is cooked, put three pieces on each plate and cover with the sauce, makes enough for four people.

Delicious, and healthy too!

I eat with with a small bowl of Genmai (Brown) rice on the side which is an additional 165 calories.

One heck of a tasty meal!

honey_mustard_lemon_chicken.jpg

Replies

• Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Options
    bump................yummy!
  • Shawna35
    Shawna35 Posts: 65
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe... looks delish!
  • StuAblett
    StuAblett Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    Thanks, and yes it was VERY good!

If we can cook at home on the cheap like this and it tastes so darn good, why would I want a burger and fires for dinner :yawn:

Yep, I think I've changed my mindset!

Enjoy!
  • YummyTpn
    YummyTpn Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Thanks for taking the time to post this wonderful-looking recipe, I would like to try it asap!
    Just one question...Is the sake, or, rice wine, something that can be bought at the LBS? I am just not sure where to get it here (I am in Saskatoon, Canada.)
    Thanks! ~Tanya
  • StuAblett
    Options
    Thanks for taking the time to post this wonderful-looking recipe, I would like to try it asap!
    Just one question...Is the sake, or, rice wine, something that can be bought at the LBS? I am just not sure where to get it here (I am in Saskatoon, Canada.)
    Thanks! ~Tanya

I think you can get Sake at the LCB stores (I'm from BC eh) and you don't need anything special, just the cheap stuff is fine. A nice DRY white wine would work fine too, I'd pick an unoaked Chardonnay, or a Sauvignon Blanc, but dry dry dry!
  • YummyTpn
    YummyTpn Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I think you can get Sake at the LCB stores (I'm from BC eh) and you don't need anything special, just the cheap stuff is fine. A nice DRY white wine would work fine too, I'd pick an unoaked Chardonnay, or a Sauvignon Blanc, but dry dry dry!
    [/quote]
    Tjh

Thank you, I am going to try it out!
  • StuAblett
    Options
    Tjh

Thank you, I am going to try it out!

Great, please post how you liked it :bigsmile:
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    I just copied, pasted, and printed! :laugh:
    Thanks, Stu!
  • StuAblett
    Options
    I just copied, pasted, and printed! :laugh:
    Thanks, Stu!

I'm sure you will love it Sky, please tell me how you liked it, my wife is quite intrigued to find out people over the world like her recipes, some she just comes up with, others, she has just adapted from stuff she sees or reads about, she is a good cook!