?: Pectoral exercises (for a lady and her "ladies" ;))

Options
Ok so I am pretty much a newb when it comes to fitness. I know that the breasts are just fatty tissue and glands and nonsense (lol) but I know that I can work my Pectoral muscles and that will be better than doing my current nothing, yes? I'm not expecting a cup increase but that's not what I want anyway (I'm between a C and D, I'm content lol). All I'm looking for is a little lift and possibly definition between on my upper chest. I mean if guys can get that "line" couldn't a woman? Idk if I'm making sense but hopefully someone is on my same wavelength ;)

So, all that being said, can someone point me in the right direction for some easy/simple beginner exercises I can do at home? Thanks so much! I appreciate any info you can share with me :)

Replies

• Safiyandi
    Options
    Pushups. Ezpz. :3
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Bench press
  • MickeyBoo
    MickeyBoo Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Check these out. http://www.dumbbell-exercises.com/exercises/chest/

I'm working out at the gym, but I've basically been doing the lying fly on its own and already feeling and seeing a difference. If you don't have dumbells, then just weighted water bottles or tins of food are effective as well.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Pushups is one of the simplest ways. They did give my girls some lift. Bench press is also good.
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Bench press FTW!!
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Essentially the same thing a guy would need to do. If you are a complete noob then start with bodyweight exercises. In fact, I recommend looking up a good bodyweight exercise program such as:

Nerd Fitness
    Convict Conditioning
    You Are Your Own Gym
    Etc.

Your other female assets such as your butt, hips, and thighs will also benefit from such a program.
  • ShadeyC
    ShadeyC Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I personally like the bench press and the dumb bell pullover.

I lock my elbows with a slight bend, not completely straight arm.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0649cV-yxM

Edit. I've just noticed that he's lying on the whole bench in that video. It was the first video I saw...I don't lie on it like that.
    I rest my shoulders on the bench perpendicular
    Like this...
    overheaddumbbellpull_zps831312ae.jpeg
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    It will help a little- but ultimately you are working the muscles under the chest- so it's limited.

Although I have to admit that line of pec definition on a woman- it really makes a difference- really helps create a line of definition. I think it's thuper thexy.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Bench press. Heavy bench press. That's all I do for the chest and I totally have "pec-cleavage". It's all the cleavage I have actually....