Staying away from the SCALE

Options
Any tips to keep from weighing yourself... I only want to do it once a week but can't seem to stay away from the scale... It is quite discouraging as I have only list .2 this week. I feel better and I am feeling a difference but the scale is being stubborn!

Replies

• dotTif
    dotTif Posts: 20
    Options
    Throw it away and buy a new one every week?
  • Jagreene62
    Jagreene62 Posts: 4,782 Member
    Options
    Get rid of it and use a scale at your local store. We have one at our Publix. Yes it's in the open for all to see, but who cares!! :bigsmile:
  • i2fx
    i2fx Posts: 3
    Options
    You can use a measure tape.
    The scale give you a indication of the whole you: fatt, muscles, bones, water, etc.

Use a measure tape, that is the best way to measure progress!
    If you really need to use the scale, use it on the same day every week and always in the morning.
  • whitlisd
    Options
    I have learned to use mine as a tool. It has helped me understand how much I can fluctuate on any given day. It seems to be I can be within a range of 1-5 lbs!! That makes me a little less manic when I look at it and it has gone up a little. Seriously, going to the bathroom or taking my clothes off can affect it more than a pound or two. I check the scale every day and if it doesn't move for a week, I either take my measurements or just be patient until the next week. It's no big deal. You have your entire life to do this, so don't think of the end goal, and just focus on being healthy. The scale numbers don't mean as much as feeling good and being able to wear smaller clothes...
  • golfmonk
    golfmonk Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    What works for me is not owning a scale at home and using the one at work.

I check my weight maybe 3 times a week at work to make sure I am making some progress. I just make sure that I had no fluids or food going into work (which is easy for me since I rarely eat Breakfast on a work day since I barely have enough time in the morning after I wake up to gather my thoughts before heading out the door lol). :-)
  • slim4health56
    slim4health56 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I tried weighing once a week and it drove me bonkers. Now, I weigh every morning and "coincidentally" my late night snacking has all but stopped (I like it when my morning weigh in says I'm on the right track!). Change how you see the scale, which is not your enemy...you're collecting data, that's all. Use the data to track goals (not days), then use the "Reports" function so you can see how you've progressed from the weekly and monthly comparisons. It's a good thing!
  • Jagreene62
    Jagreene62 Posts: 4,782 Member
    Options
    I tried weighing once a week and it drove me bonkers. Now, I weigh every morning and "coincidentally" my late night snacking has all but stopped (I like it when my morning weigh in says I'm on the right track!). Change how you see the scale, which is not your enemy...you're collecting data, that's all. Use the data to track goals (not days), then use the "Reports" function so you can see how you've progressed from the weekly and monthly comparisons. It's a good thing!

^^THIS^^

I once had a trainer ask me, "So, how many times did you weigh yourself?" Of course, my answer was NONE!! I never wanted to see what the scale had to say, right?? Then: "Where did that get you?" Okay, okay, I got it!! It got to obesity!! UGH!! They are always so smart!! :tongue:
  • Ambercflo
    Ambercflo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you! So easy to obsess over it! I am going for once a week and just go off how I feel!
  • KetoBella
    KetoBella Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate. I have a scale that needs batteries. I took the batteries out of it and it makes it less handy to have to put them in and re-calibrate it. I started LCHF 6 weeks ago and decided only to weigh in every three months and do the measurements every month. I know that the scale will mess with my head. I have much more confidence every day that I am relearning the right habits and not making it only about the numbers on the scale.