Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Don't get on the scale that week.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is going great, but I'm just wanting to know if any other ladies experience any problems around 'that time of the month' to keep already lost weight from coming back? Even if only temporarily. Bloating gets sooooo annoying around this time, and can sometimes undo some of the renewed confidence gained from the weight loss.

Have tried every adjustment you can think of to my diet to deal with it, and I've now run out of ideas!
    Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you ladies! xxxx

Since I am a man who knows more about a woman's body then you (lol). There is nothing you can do, you body can put upwards of 10lbs on in order to deal with your menstrual cycle, the weight should tapper off once the cycle is complete.
  • Boobookittyfq
    Boobookittyfq Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Just stay away from salt, soda. Doing actual abs excercies help with the cramping and some bloat. Lots of water :)
  • Phoenixchichima
    Options
    odds are theres gonna be some bloat but try to keep the sodium down a few days before, and activity up
    the good news is when i'm reducing my sugar intake & exercising more my cramps are less severe as is the bloating.
  • MVY_
    MVY_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    When auntie flow visits I gain 5 lbs and when she leaves seven days after I lose 5 lbs. lol
  • FitWhit3
    Options
    :laugh: asshats... lol. we could be friends.
  • MVY_
    MVY_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Don't get on the scale that week.

That's what I do every time...
  • jseeke
    jseeke Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    The same thing happens to me. Unfortunately we do just have to get used to it. My biggest piece of advice is to stay the course. Continue to eat healthy and when your period is over, your weight will be lower because of it. Dont binge or give up the good fight, I promise all your hard work will pay off. Hang in there.
  • JustJennie13
    Options
    I am kind of the opposite I guess!? I'm not sure how or why but I drop weight much more steadily in the week leading up to my period. Then during my actual period it slows down again.

Glad to see some one is backwards like me. My week after is usually my I hate my life and body week. The week before is a ridiculous desire to eat and crying... but I have been diagnosed with PMDD.... I about laughed at my doctor when she diagnosed me. Turns out it is an actual disorder.
  • wjstoj
    wjstoj Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW :tongue:
  • MeganMcK11
    MeganMcK11 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    :laugh: asshats... lol. we could be friends.

:wink:
  • ktsimons
    ktsimons Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I have to have 2 sizes of pants - always - even before the weight loss i gain a FULL PANT SIZE!!! But it does come off after the first day or two. I just up the water intake and try really hard not to skip the gym, but the pain is sometimes just too much to exercise thru...those months i move my rest day and push on thru...

edited for spelling
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I always go up about 2 lbs just before and then it's like "oh yeah, THAT'S why". The bloating sucks but I just try and drink more water because it seems to help. By the middle of it all, things start looking better so there is that to look forward to, but yeah, I actually avoid certain workout tops because I analyze myself in the mirror and think I look fatter in the day preceding and the first day of.
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Weight in once a month during cycle that way you can be happy when you lose the fluid.
  • janet6567
    janet6567 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    By the time I was 50, I was really ready for the periods and PMS to stop. .when the PMS and periods stop, however, you go through menopause. . . that's when the weight problems really start. . . it's much more difficult to lose weight and keep it off.
  • daniran
    daniran Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    The most common problem with the cycle is water retention. parsley is a great diuretic. add to smoothie or juice. stay away from salty foods too.
  • larson048xdy
    Options
    I have the same problem, but start taking dandelion and parsley to combat the water weight gain. And drink lots of water!
  • AirinBragagnini
    Options
    It is the worse, I have experience this kind of weight loss consistently for the last 2 months. My body cycle - ovulation and period week 1 pound gain. The other 2 weeks I have lost 4-5lbs. Technically because I am adding the 2 pounds in those weeks, I am actually losing 7-8 pounds a month which is then the healthy 2 pounds of week. To maintain and drop, I drink a lot more water than the normal 8 glasses a day. I have an 18oz water bottle that I go through about 3 a day. I eat heavy dinner type meals at lunch so I continue to burn and I eat lunch lite foods at dinner. The switch has helped. Also during those weeks, I do Bikram Yoga to sweat out the bloat and double up on the Zumba or the Aerobics to sweat it out as much as I possibly can. I hope this helps!! Good Luck! :happy:
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! If I have salty food during my period, my waist can increase by 4 inches overnight! I look 6 months pregnant! Depressing, but I know it is not real weight. Sometimes it can take over a week to leave, though.

The only thing that helps a little is watch your sodium. And that means watching processed food of any kind. Even pancake mix is full of sodium!
  • mrslcoop
    mrslcoop Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    As everyone else has said there is nothing you can do about this. I usually gain 3-5 lbs in my stomach every month. It’s awful. When I’m working out and I bend over I feel like I can actually see the water in there (I don’t wear a tshirt when I work out at home). But a day or two later it’s gone. I personally just avoid taking any measurements (including weight) during this time. No point in getting discouraged over something you can’t control.

ETA: Avoid salt and keep up with the exercise.