What do I do after I have reached my goal Weight?

Options
Hello Everyone,

Now, I haven't even lost a pound yet but Just have to get this of my chest. I have between 40-50 kilograms to lose (I know it's lots) and I am wondering what happens when I reach it? I work out 5-6 Days per week (1 Hour or Cardio and 30 Minutes of Strength Training) and to the help of My Fitness pal, I eat healthily and I enjoy it. I'm sorry if I sound silly or what not I'm new and have searched for this but Haven't really gotten a simple answer. Do I work out 3-4 times per wee How many more calories can I add into my diet? All that type of stuff.

Thanks in advance

Replies

• Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about all that just now. Everyone is different and you will get to know your body. As you get closer to goal you could start upping calories slowly till you get the balance right for yourself. You can look up sites that will give you an exact number but I find the number they give me to maintain makes me put weight on so I just had to try a bit of trial and error to see what suited me. Good luck with your weight loss.
  • Mariya_9000
    Options
    Thank you very much :)
  • Ralthor125
    Ralthor125 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    You will/should always want to workout. It is great for general health and after time you may feel that you enjoy the activity. Once you have hit your ideal weight you are going to have to figure out how many calories you are using up in a day and eat that many calories. Too many under or over will result in either a weight loss or gain. Here is a calculator to help you figure out the numbers.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/
  • Ralthor125
    Ralthor125 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about all that just now. Everyone is different and you will get to know your body. As you get closer to goal you could start upping calories slowly till you get the balance right for yourself. You can look up sites that will give you an exact number but I find the number they give me to maintain makes me put weight on so I just had to try a bit of trial and error to see what suited me. Good luck with your weight loss.

What she said is great as well ;)
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I haven't reached goal yet so I don't know the technical answer. The best advice I can give though is to concentrate on the present. Weight loss is already a tough journey for most so just take it one day at a time and celebrate your progress rather than focusing on the end result.

Good luck with your journey :flowerforyou:
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Pretty much what poods said. Once you reach your goal weight you should have gotten to know your body well enough in order to find the right balance between food and exercise, mindful eating and indulging, logging and not logging.

Spent your time now on busting your butt so you get there ;)
    Good luck and enjoy the ride! :flowerforyou:
  • jardin12
    jardin12 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Weight loss and fitness - two different goals....best wishes x