The doctor took me seriously :)

Options
2»

Replies

• danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I would hope most Dr's would take someone very seriously that said they couldn't lose weight on 800 calories...........little children and dogs eat more.

My one dog eats 4000 calories a day!

OMG! What kind of dog and just how big is he/she?

Female Great Dane, 36" tall at the shoulder. She's skinny now, probably 100lbs but she was 130lbs of lean muscle in her prime. She's 7 and is in failing health. I can't keep weight on her no matter how much I feed her. At least 4lbs of raw meat per day.
  • Shari325
    Shari325 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My one dog eats 4000 calories a day!

OMG! What kind of dog and just how big is he/she?

Female Great Dane, 36" tall at the shoulder. She's skinny now, probably 100lbs but she was 130lbs of lean muscle in her prime. She's 7 and is in failing health. I can't keep weight on her no matter how much I feed her. At least 4lbs of raw meat per day.

I figured she must be a Dane or Mastiff. :bigsmile: I'm sure she is beautiful!
  • Sihaya8
    Sihaya8 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey guys just got the test results. Thyroid is fine apparently but there are some other off readings they want to check. I have an ultrasound booked to look at my liver and I'm going in for a cortisol test today. Hopefully they will find something! I've also upped my calorie intake to 1200-1500 a day for now as I was starting to feel ill. Still all good food though!
    Right, off to the docs! They will be sick of my face lol.
  • goodnamegone
    Options
    Just want to add my support here. I'm so glad your doctor took you seriously and is searching with you for answers. I hope that you can get to the bottom of this and lose the weight you have so diligently been working on losing.

Obviously a person trained in food is also a good idea but not necessarily the ONLY solution. Going to a professional medical person is a really wise thing to do. Keep us posted on what comes from this.
  • goodnamegone
    Options
    Hey guys just got the test results. Thyroid is fine apparently but there are some other off readings they want to check. I have an ultrasound booked to look at my liver and I'm going in for a cortisol test today. Hopefully they will find something! I've also upped my calorie intake to 1200-1500 a day for now as I was starting to feel ill. Still all good food though!
    Right, off to the docs! They will be sick of my face lol.

Great that they are finding out! Keep us posted further!!