Christmas Night Out Dress

Options
2»

Replies

• SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    ok, I take that back, only the necklace trim one was in the party/going out/christmas section so maybe that's the one to go for - just red or burgundy now...or that blue dress that spoiledpupple suggested - argh, decisions!!
  • SunKissed1989
    Options
    can't really afford to get both unfortunately...if I could, I really would :tongue:
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    If you love them both equally, why not write it out on a sheet of paper.. Rip it in half, pick one with your eyes closed.
    Or, you can simply toss a coin :P lol
  • SunKissed1989
    Options
    the burgundy/red one with necklace detail isn't an online exclusive so might see if I can try it on in the store after my placement tomorrow (the benefits of late night shopping)...if I'm not totally convinced, I'll order the blue one and see how I feel about it - can always return it if I need to - got 3 weeks til the night out :smile:
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Another vote for burgundy - it's one of my favorite colors and I really like the built in flair
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    So I had never heard of a skater dress before. (I think maybe because I'm a little old for the length!) But I agree with some others that your proposed options are a bit work-like. Sticking with that website and skater dresses, I think I'd go with this one.

http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/dresses/blue-lace-flocked-belted-skater-dress_299680340

ooh, curses you for making my decision harder - love this dress and the colour

skater dress is also known as a fit and flare dress (fits and the waist and then flares out) and suits my pear shape
    I'd be wearing the dress with black shoe boots (have a bow on the side of them) and a pair of black tights with a flowery pattern on them, but if I chose this blue dress, would just be plain black tights.
    These dresses were under the 'going out/party' section so wouldn't have thought of them as being too 'work-like' - I work in a shop where we wear uniform anyway (black trousers, shoes nd work blouse) so any chance to wear a dress is great for me - feel really feminine and the likes.

Ha! Well, I do love the blue one, but with your boot plans, I would definitely go with the red option over burgundy -- with plain tights though since the red dress has a texture itself. The red is more festive, and though textured, it has less going on (since the burgundy has the built-in necklace). It won't compete with the shoes. A simple black necklace --or nothing-- would work well with it. To me, the necklace on the burgundy one makes it much less youthful.

(and it's the short length of the skater dress that I don't think I could pull off at 42! I do really like them otherwise.)
  • Satiable
    Satiable Posts: 121
    Options
    If it helps at all, the burgundy one has a waffle-weave fabric, so it will probably 'hang' better and give more coverage to bra-strap bumps etc. than the red one, which from the photos is probably quite a thin fabric.

The blue is beautiful but it looks like it might bunch up over the stomach a little.
  • spoiledpuppies
    Options
    So I had never heard of a skater dress before. (I think maybe because I'm a little old for the length!) But I agree with some others that your proposed options are a bit work-like. Sticking with that website and skater dresses, I think I'd go with this one.

http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/dresses/blue-lace-flocked-belted-skater-dress_299680340

ooh, curses you for making my decision harder - love this dress and the colour

skater dress is also known as a fit and flare dress (fits and the waist and then flares out) and suits my pear shape
    I'd be wearing the dress with black shoe boots (have a bow on the side of them) and a pair of black tights with a flowery pattern on them, but if I chose this blue dress, would just be plain black tights.
    These dresses were under the 'going out/party' section so wouldn't have thought of them as being too 'work-like' - I work in a shop where we wear uniform anyway (black trousers, shoes nd work blouse) so any chance to wear a dress is great for me - feel really feminine and the likes.

Ha! Well, I do love the blue one, but with your boot plans, I would definitely go with the red option over burgundy -- with plain tights though since the red dress has a texture itself. The red is more festive, and though textured, it has less going on (since the burgundy has the built-in necklace). It won't compete with the shoes. A simple black necklace --or nothing-- would work well with it. To me, the necklace on the burgundy one makes it much less youthful.

(and it's the short length of the skater dress that I don't think I could pull off at 42! I do really like them otherwise.)

I take this back. I would still go with the blue one, your boots and plain tights. (But between the red and burgundy, I would go red.)
  • SunKissed1989
    Options
    spoiledpupple - I think I'm edging towards the blue one now...got a jewelled clutch bag with pinks, purples and blue in it as well so think that'll go well with it.

Thanks for the help everyone:smile:
  • awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    They are both super cute, but I like the burgundy one more!!

ETA: just saw the blue one, love it!
  • spoiledpuppies
    Options
    spoiledpupple - I think I'm edging towards the blue one now...got a jewelled clutch bag with pinks, purples and blue in it as well so think that'll go well with it.

Thanks for the help everyone:smile:

I hope it works out -- have a great time at the party!