Looking for friends to keep me going :)

Options
So this is one of the first posts I've done (despite being on MFP for the past year). I go through phases of being really pro-active, to absolutely nothing and right now I've been doing really well. I'm just scared that I won't be able to keep it going and I would be really grateful if some of you lovely people could help me out and motivate me.

I can return the favour and hopefully help to encourage you with your own goals!

Replies

• Paulinehendo12
    Options
    Hiya, I never post on here either despite dipping in and out of this app regularly. So hi :)

I share your fear, I have slowly lost 3 dress sizes but still have another 2 to go - is really hard to keep focussed and on the right track all the time isn't it
  • LadyMcCupcake
    LadyMcCupcake Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am in the same boat as you two are! Feel free to add me. I would love to get some more friends to help encourage each other!
  • Mlb112875
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    you can add me too :)
  • mrsb070911
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Feel free to Add. I found accountability with others was the big key for me to finally be consistent. When I Knew someone was going to ask me if I did what I said I would do.
  • frameloss
    frameloss Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Just sent u a request!
  • sallysally
    sallysally Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi i am in same boat ... Have sent request :)
  • Well here I am once again trying to successfully diet...the watching my weight is easy for a while, as is doing some, although not enough I know exercise, but after a couple weeks the interest seems to wear off, and the motivation to continue just isn't there. This time I am looking for friends that will help to motivate and keep me on track. I have a goal in mind, and am going to do it right, by diet and working more exercise into my daily life. At 55, the time for making real change is here. Please help me on my journey. I tried a phone app for over a month but there is no support system in that counter, and without a support system one just can't make the changes and keep motivated as they like.
  • vanillabeans001
    Options
    Hi there! I'm also looking for support from other like minded people :)
  • aairs1
    aairs1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you. I will send you a request!
  • happygolucky721
    happygolucky721 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for friends and a bit of accountability too :)

I've been on mfp for a few months on and off. And I'd love to have a community that keeps me on track.

For me, I generally eat pretty well and lead a naturally somewhat active lifestyle (walk a lot, nice perk to city living). I notice that my new group of friends is very healthy, which helps a lot. So nice to go out with people who don't just want to go to junk/bar food places. Makes a big difference. The hardest thing for me is staying on track.

Specifically, I have 2 main diet pitfalls:
    My husband is a big eater. Very healthy, walks a lot. Happily eats (or at least tries) all the healthy food I make at home... But because he is a man and much taller than me. Genetics and metabolism sort of distribute things differently. I find myself "matching meals" with him at dinner and it's hard to stop. He just kinda eats a lot and doesn't gain weight and it's making me gain weight over the years.

My second problem is that I work in an office with lots of free junk food. I bring lunch/snacks but the occasional free food is my downfall. I just can't seem to say no to free bagels, popcorn, or birthday cake. I just think -- hey, it's free, why not have more. (I don't have client interaction lunches, it's just the random leftover food from a meeting or someone just brought in cookies).

Anyone have any tips on how to overcome these situations? And please add me ---- I'd love to be fitness pals :)
  • megslovescountry
    Options
    Hello :) I'm new to this website (as of today) and I could also use some support! I know I have to be the bottom line keeping myself going, but I also know having people to be accountable to will be an extra push of help. Having people supporting me and checking up on my progress would be good for me. Feel free to add me as I'm still figuring this site out!!
  • sadalldo
    sadalldo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me also, it sounds like we are all in the same boat. I also need motivation and encouragement. Please help!!
  • Caelrr
    Caelrr Posts: 26
    Options
    Hello, there. You can add me if you'd like. (:
  • cmira5ol
    cmira5ol Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me
  • health1971
    Options
    Well here I am once again trying to successfully diet...the watching my weight is easy for a while, as is doing some, although not enough I know exercise, but after a couple weeks the interest seems to wear off, and the motivation to continue just isn't there. This time I am looking for friends that will help to motivate and keep me on track. I have a goal in mind, and am going to do it right, by diet and working more exercise into my daily life. At 55, the time for making real change is here. Please help me on my journey. I tried a phone app for over a month but there is no support system in that counter, and without a support system one just can't make the changes and keep motivated as they like.

Feel free to add me ;-)...
  • health1971
    Options
    Hello :) I'm new to this website (as of today) and I could also use some support! I know I have to be the bottom line keeping myself going, but I also know having people to be accountable to will be an extra push of help. Having people supporting me and checking up on my progress would be good for me. Feel free to add me as I'm still figuring this site out!!

Feel free to add me ;-)...
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me!! :smile:
  • MissBellatrix
    Options
    Feel free to add. :-)