oh god it's cold! effective warm ups?

Options
So I understand you need to warm up or you are likely to cause injury but it is so damn cold here I am struggling in class, I literarily have five minutes between work and my class (gym is next door) so things that I can normally do was near imposible ! I'm going to try get out work a little earlier for that day.
So what I am asking is what is the best way to keep from hurting myself is it worth chucking on an extra layer or clothes too?
I am mainly doing workout classes, pilates, C25k and if I can fit it in weights !
Any advice ?

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    It means to warm up your muscles, not warm up you by putting on extra clothes. I good workout teacher will incorporate a muscle warm up at the beginning of class and a cool down at the end.

A before workout warm up is doing dynamic moves like jumping jacks, skipping, windmills, jogging in place. Things to get the blood moving and loosen your joints. You do static stretching moves after your exercise.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Rushing to get out of work and to your class on time should be warm up enough - it doesn't take much running around to get the blood pumping. Just a few minutes is all you need.
  • smileymaxine
    smileymaxine Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Might just run the 8 flights of ties rather than the lift
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Might just run the 8 flights of ties rather than the lift

Yep, that oughta do it!