Need some help to get started

Options
Hello!
My name is Charli and I am 27 years old and sick of looking and feeling the way i do. I have two beautiful children and want so badly to be able to PLAY with them without feeling like im going to pass out.

I am currently 304.8lbs and my long term weight goal is 160. I know it isnt going to magically melt away overnight. It took years to get to this size and i know its going to take years to take it of.

I have a very weak will power and need to find some ways to help me stay on track. Friends to keep me honest and help each other along the way.

I really dont know much about nutrition and would love some ideas on foods to eat that will help me feel FULL and healthy ways to exercise.

Please feel free to add me. The more the merrier!
Thanks for your time!
-Charli

Replies

• tdh115
    tdh115 Posts: 52
    Options
    Good Morning Charli,

Coming here was your 1st start. I am a newbie to, I just started yesterday. I am going to set small daily goals in addition to my long term goals. I am thinking that each day I meet my goal will be an accomplishment and it is not as overwhelming as trying to change everything at once. As you said we did not get her overnight and we are not going to lose all this weight over night.

Today my goal is to drink at least 8 glasses of water. I hate water so this is a big deal to me. But everyone including my doctor raves about all the benefits of water.

Try taking baby steps with this process and pat your self on the back with each step you make. Feel free to add me as a friend. I will be logging in daily.

Congrats on your decision to take this journey. :)
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Hi & Welcome! You are going to learn all you need on this site. Remember just for today i will... or will not... Then it's easier to do. Sometimes lookin at the big picture is overwhelming. But to think that I'm going to do this today, that way of thinking is do-able. You can add me, I'm on here everyday. Good luck to ya! :flowerforyou: