Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hi. I'm new

Well hi everybody!!! I guess like everybody here i'm trying to lose a bit of weight
To be honest 20lbs, and my results are very discouraging, since i've been following what i'm supposed to do
Excersising 5 times a week for 75 minutes each session, watching what i eat and not eating from 6:00 pm well i started at 152 lbs and last month i was down to 147, a month later wish is today i weight myseld to find out that i gain one pound!!! My inches are coming down very very slowly i've only lost 5 inches all over... And i've been working out since september 8!!! I don't want to turn to the pills because i've been doing thAt for so long and at the end i always gain the weight back. Let me know any suggestions will be deeply appreciated.

Replies

• I'm new too. :-)
    First start measuring yourself, bust, waist, hips. With that kind of exercise you will be making muscle - which weighs more than fat!
    Maybe you will see inches gone and will not be discouraged?
  • vampirequeen1959
    vampirequeen1959 Posts: 196 Member
    Hi
    If you're losing inches then perhaps you're losing fat and building muscle.
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    You've been doing this since September and you lost 5 inches? That is awesome! I have been doing this since January and I've lost a couple inches but I don't think 5. You're doing fine!
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    You can't gain muscle eating at a deficit.
  • johan1585
    johan1585 Posts: 44 Member
    Blood volume increase?
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    You haven't given enough details. Open your diary and describe your workouts, please.

Also, scales suck and it's really about body compostion and liking what you see in the mirror. Measuring inches is a good indicator of this. I've only lost 5 pounds this past year, but I've gone down two sizes.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,236 MFP Moderator
    Hey Chapito! Don't get stuck on what the scale says. Muscle weighs more than fat, and it sounds like you've been doing a LOT of exercising which means you're probably building muscles. The scale might go up, but if your clothes are fitting better (or are getting too big) you're definitely going the right direction. Congrats!