Calories burned while under anesthesia

Options

Replies

• callie006
    callie006 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    That explains my sore kegel muscle when getting surgery from that hot doc. I think I clenched when I went under when I saw him walk up and then it must have stayed like that the whole time. IDK why but "god complex" has always been a turn on to me rather than a turn off. Meh, i like the power.
    Would that be considered cardio or strength training?
    A fusion workout I think.

One of my cousins, in all seriousness, asked me how many calories I thought the glucose they gave her in the IV after she collapsed had. I had to bite my tongue until it just about bled to keep family harmony intact.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    To be serious your Fitbit only logs walking steps anyway and it logs what it estimated you burned doing nothing whether you wear it or lay it on a table so I'd say it's a wash on the calories.
  • dirty_dirty_eater
    dirty_dirty_eater Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    If you're under for a colonoscopy, can you log it as sex?
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    And then there's the blood loss. You should have weighed those little sponge thingies first and then weighed them after too see how much weight they had. But then again if they leave an instrument inside you that might cancel it out. Ooops, I got sidetracked now I'm talking about actual weight loss and not cal burn. My bad. No derail intended. So sorry, but still something to consider.
    They wouldn't let me bring my food scale into the OR. Something about 'not sterile' blah blah blah. It's like they don't have their priorities in order.
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Wait quick, how many calories do I burn while I scroll and refresh this thread??? This is important, I need to know if I can have an extra beer this weekend
  • superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Seriously. This is a little much. :huh:
  • superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Wait quick, how many calories do I burn while I scroll and refresh this thread??? This is important, I need to know if I can have an extra beer this weekend
    Ha ha ha! Let me know on that extra beer :wink: :laugh: :drinker:
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    Options
    That's what an HRM is for. Stop being silly.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Man, I never thought about logging any of the activity during my brain surgery.
    I'm glad I could help. We're all here for the same reason.

Thank you, I am eternally grateful. I think I will go ahead and eat those calories today!! :bigsmile:
  • Danni3ll3
    Danni3ll3 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    The clenching theory is nonsense because in some surgeries, they give you muscle paralytics so that your muscles are not clenched when they cut into you. Anyhow, I would think one would worry more about the outcome of the surgery than how many calories are burned. *Shaking my head here*
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    This can't be serious. Surgery counting as exercise? Do you figure out your burn during regular sleep too?
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    Options
    This can't be serious. Surgery counting as exercise? Do you figure out your burn during regular sleep too?
    That's what an HRM is for. We're all here for the same reason.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Again, HRM.

Duh.

(I'm shocked at how unseriously so many people are taking this. I thought this site was for support for calorie-burning issues just like this one.)

(And if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.)
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    Options
    The clenching theory is nonsense because in some surgeries, they give you muscle paralytics so that your muscles are not clenched when they cut into you. Anyhow, I would think one would worry more about the outcome of the surgery than how many calories are burned. *Shaking my head here*
    What makes you think these two things are mutually exclusive?
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking that it depresses your RMR slows most of your processes down. Plus youre gonna be getting a crap load of fluids. Question to ask the anesthesiologist.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    That explains my sore kegel muscle when getting surgery from that hot doc. I think I clenched when I went under when I saw him walk up and then it must have stayed like that the whole time. IDK why but "god complex" has always been a turn on to me rather than a turn off. Meh, i like the power.
    Would that be considered cardio or strength training?
    A fusion workout I think.

One of my cousins, in all seriousness, asked me how many calories I thought the glucose they gave her in the IV after she collapsed had. I had to bite my tongue until it just about bled to keep family harmony intact.

isnt it 3.4kcal/ml?
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Impossible to calculate unless you are wearing a HRM.

If they wouldn't let them wear the fitbit..how would they wear the HRM?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Impossible to calculate unless you are wearing a HRM.

If they wouldn't let them wear the fitbit..how would they wear the HRM?

He just needs to get more creative in where he hides it.

What they don't know can't hurt them...or him...or something.
  • skyegsd
    Options
    lol reading through this thread has been quite entertaining not going to lie
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options

[img]http://ed_wp-content_v2.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/turk-yes-no.gif[/img]