Ground Beef vs Ground Turkey

Options
2»

Replies

• Gatorinky
    Gatorinky Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Why is it that low calorie recipes all use ground turkey when 95% lean ground beef has less calories??

Where are you getting your calorie information? Typically, if the fat content is equal, turkey will have less calories and less saturated fat than beef, though the difference is not huge.

I got it here from the database

Oh, then it's going to depend on which of the many entries you choose, but when I checked the database most put beef about 20 calories higher per 4 oz serving, when fat content was the same.

LOL I guess the 20 calories will be worth it not to hear my DH complain!! :) Thanks!!
  • Gatorinky
    Gatorinky Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Why is it that low calorie recipes all use ground turkey when 95% lean ground beef has less calories??

Where are you getting your calorie information? Typically, if the fat content is equal, turkey will have less calories and less saturated fat than beef, though the difference is not huge.

I got it here from the database

Oh, then it's going to depend on which of the many entries you choose, but when I checked the database most put beef about 20 calories higher per 4 oz serving, when fat content was the same.

LOL I guess the 20 calories will be worth it not to hear my DH complain!! :) Thanks!!