reality checking yourself...

Options
Right I've been super frustrated for the past couple weeks (TOM kg that appeared literally overnight and refuse to depart so suddenly I'm out of goal range by a couple kg again :( ) and so this morning I've been trying to see my positives. I'm sharing it here to encourage others to do the same:

Even though I am not at goal yet I.....

.... have done what they said could be impossible and lost a lot of weight even though I am hypothyroid and have had bone and muscle trauma.

... am over 20 kg - almost 1/4 of my body weight - smaller than this time next year

--- wearing clothing styles and sizes I haven't since my teens, and some not even then

... being complimented daily on how I look and what I've achieved

... feeling lighter, freer and happier

...fitter and more toned

... regaining my confidence with guys

... not that far away, rally, from what was a seemingly unattainable goal

That all makes me feel one hell of a lot better! So - your turn :)

Replies

• SapphCas
    SapphCas Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Haven't got much to say for myself as only just started my journey, but you go girl!! :)
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    Haven't got much to say for myself as only just started my journey, but you go girl!! :)

thanks! just trying to inject some positivity into my thinking
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,837 Member
    Options

You do look pretty darn good chica. Don't ever doubt that.

I am doing pretty good keeping things moving along, even on weeks without any gains or losses. Fact of being over 40 is, the workouts I do that used to be good for building and improving only serve to maintain anymore. And I am good with that.

I love the feeling of completing a workout, or finishing the log for the day.

It is a bit of confidence each time, know that even if my mind might try to put me down, I am moving forward.
  • trudijoy
    Options

You do look pretty darn good chica. Don't ever doubt that.

I am doing pretty good keeping things moving along, even on weeks without any gains or losses. Fact of being over 40 is, the workouts I do that used to be good for building and improving only serve to maintain anymore. And I am good with that.

I love the feeling of completing a workout, or finishing the log for the day.

It is a bit of confidence each time, know that even if my mind might try to put me down, I am moving forward.

thanks!

I love the point about the feeling of completing a workout or a good log. It's the control thing eh?
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Even though I'm not at goal, I have gone from being completely out of shape to being in okay shape when it comes to strength, and I'm great cardiovascular shape. I have gone from obese to overweight to normal weight. I've gotten back down to the smallest size I've been as an adult. I've learned more about food and exercise than I ever have in my life. I've learned to run. I went hiking on my brithday?! Last year, I just got drunk. What a change.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Just throwing this out there...I'd hit it.
  • trudijoy
    Options
    Just throwing this out there...I'd hit it.

errrr thanks
    Even though I'm not at goal, I have gone from being completely out of shape to being in okay shape when it comes to strength, and I'm great cardiovascular shape. I have gone from obese to overweight to normal weight. I've gotten back down to the smallest size I've been as an adult. I've learned more about food and exercise than I ever have in my life. I've learned to run. I went hiking on my brithday?! Last year, I just got drunk. What a change.

woohoo! go you :)