Losing weight but gaining stomach fat?

Options
Hi. I have always had a very thin waist and a small stomach. But recently, my stomach looks like it had been gaining fat. I have been losing weight though! I dont understand why I am losing weight but gaining stomach fat. I have been eating a much healthier diet, incorporating lots of nuts and fish, cutting down on my carbs, drinking lots of water, etc. Why is this happening? ):

Replies

• jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    Lots of people report their stomachs looking bigger as they lose weight. think it is because other parts are shrinking first e.g. the waist , , so your stomach stands out more. It is not getting bigger just looks it as other parts get smaller lol
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    You say it Looks like it's gaining. Have you been taking measurements? It's possible that you are losing fat elsewhere but not your stomach, so it just looks larger in proportion.
  • jenschroll
    jenschroll Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    It could just be that is the last place to lose, at least that seems to be what's happening in my case. Everything else shrinks faster and first before my stomach decides it'll finally give up some of the weight. My MIL told me this is especially true for women during their childbearing years as our bodies need that layer of fat to protect our baby. Just be sure to include total body exercises into your routine - cardio and strength training. Keep up the hard work - you'll get there!