Will Green Tea really help me loose weight. What does it do?

Options
There are so many diets that say green tea is so great for you but I'm not sure how and why. I live in China right now so I figured I should go buy some green tea. So now I try to drink a litte cup or 2 or 3 each day. It taste HORRIBLE but I'm getting more used to it. I don't use sugar or creamer because I heard that will defeat the effects of the tea. It did help me not drink wine just a little bit last night. I so badly wanted wine but I had the tea instead. I also wonder if I can count the tea as some of my water intake. What do you think?

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    You can count it as part of your fluid intake, other than that I wouldn't drink it unless you like it.
  • _jordy_
    _jordy_ Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I don't think it does anything in particular.
    Just that drinking black tea over eating food may result in less calories daily.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    No. If you don't like it don't drink it. I think it tastes awful too. It's not a magic solution to all your weight loss needs - it is just tea.
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I don't think it has any effect. I drink 1 cup green tea with white tea for taste (I buy the tea bags like that) every afternoon on days that I work because I like it better than black tea; and because as of September, I went from drinking 6+ cups of coffee per day down to only 1 cup of coffee in the morning, and 1 cup green tea in the afternoon to give me a little caffeine.
  • jcolier
    Options
    It's the caffeine that might assist in fat loss, if anything.