Ketosis vegetarian?

Anyone here go in ketosis and just consume veggies for weight loss?

Replies

• dsalveson
    dsalveson Posts: 306 Member
    I hope not; the idea of a vegetarian in ketosis sounds pretty ridiculous in my opinion. To stay in ketosis you'd have to really limit your fruit/vegetable intake which seems to me like it would defeat the purpose of being a vegetarian. If you plan on eating only vegetables, the amount of them you would need to eat each day would surely knock you out of keto and I imagine It would be near impossible to get an adequate amount of protein because a lot of vegetarian protein sources are not necessarily low carb. I'm sure it's possible but I can't think of a single reason why that would be at all productive.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,142 Member
    Not sustainable or really possible and extremely unhealthy.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    You can be a ketogenic vegetarian, but you really need to consume more than just veggies. Dairy and eggs come to mind. Ketogenic vegan diets are very difficult.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Not sustainable or really possible and extremely unhealthy.

this is the truth
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Anyone here go in ketosis and just consume veggies for weight loss?

nope, 'cos I like meat and dairy.

Figuring out how to get your proteins and fats is the challenge - nuts etc ?
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    There are various people doing this and you can find blogs about it but personally I do not see the need nor would I recommend it unless you really know nutrition and know what you are doing. It possibly a good way to ruin one's health if practiced incorrectly for extended periods seeing the very limited nutrient profile it would require.

But here: http://vegetarianketo.blogspot.fr/

If you do it, please blog about and link to this thread. I'm always interested in how people don't listen and the results.