Anyone else sweating for the wedding?

Options

Replies

• Kowent
    Kowent Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Can a mother of the bride join in. My only child got engaged in December and it looks like the date will be 7/23/15, so I have plenty of time to get in shape. My goal is to be comfortable in my own skin and not embaress my daughter .
  • I'm getting married in June!! I've been on the wedding grind for quite some time now--want to lose between 45 and 50 pounds by then. We can do this!!!
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Can a mother of the bride join in. My only child got engaged in December and it looks like the date will be 7/23/15, so I have plenty of time to get in shape. My goal is to be comfortable in my own skin and not embaress my daughter .

The more the merrier!!
  • Dietrying1435
    Options
    Hey guys! I am also getting married in June and I'm aiming for 100 pounds in 5 months. I set my goal so high because I did a biggest loser challenge two years ago and lost 50 pounds in 3 months. 100 is a bit out of reach but I like to aim high. Good luck to you all and I look forward to keeping up with the progress we're all making! Here's to not SUCKING IN so much! LoL!
  • drson1980
    Options
    Hi guys! I'm getting married on the 19th July 2014 and am
    aiming to lose 20kg, although I'm more concerned about dropping dress sizes. I'd love to be a size 10 but would be happy to be a loose 12. I'm currently a 14/16. I've designed my dress and have to give my measurements mid-March so am on it! Have been watching what I eat since the 1st Jan. Am recovering from a chest infection and hoping to get to the gym tomorrow. My goal is to burn 500 calories a day.
  • A_Rockhill
    A_Rockhill Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I am getting married in December and I would love to lose about 50 pounds! I really need the motivation.
  • twinmommy87
    twinmommy87 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You can count me in!! My wedding is October 17th 2014! I would like to lose about 30 pounds altogher. Its a little harder for me because i was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism so losing weight is not easy at all. I cant wait to get this weight off! Im ready
  • GiantMadness
    Options
    Hey, You can count me in also.

My wedding isn't till 29th August 2015 but I have a huge goal and I want to look beautiful on my wedding day and learn to not be so camera shy.

I'm looking forward to the transformation and also trying on wedding dress's (i have no clue what is going to suit me)

i'm currently 23 stone and a size 20/22 Uk dress size and I would love to get that down to a 14/16 but next year. I don't want to concentrate too much on the weight but more on measurements. I'm 6ft with broad shoulders so I know that I will always be a bigger size and that is ok with me but I do want to drop a few dress sizes.

Feel free to add me :)

Congratulations everyone on their engagement and weddings :)

xxx
  • lillivewire87
    lillivewire87 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I'm getting married on the 19th July 2014 and am
    aiming to lose 20kg, although I'm more concerned about dropping dress sizes. I'd love to be a size 10 but would be happy to be a loose 12. I'm currently a 14/16. I've designed my dress and have to give my measurements mid-March so am on it! Have been watching what I eat since the 1st Jan. Am recovering from a chest infection and hoping to get to the gym tomorrow. My goal is to burn 500 calories a day.

You are getting married one day before me! Get it girl!
  • XxQueenMxX
    XxQueenMxX Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Shredding for the wedding right here!! Mine isn't til March 2015 but Oh man does time fly!! I want to loose at least 25 lbs and tone my body!!
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Right here! Like the OP, I've been on this journey a while, but I've now kicked it into high gear! I got P90X for Christmas and am already done with Week 2! I'm flying down to MS to dress shop with my mom in mid-February, which is halfway through the program, so that should be pretty much perfect. (Plus, my mom and I both sew, so we can easily take the dress in!) :wink:

I'm another October 4th date too! My fiance and I love the aspens in fall (<<<<profile pic taken right after he proposed on Guanella Pass next to a stream surrounded by golden aspens! :heart: ) so we knew we wanted to do fall. September was not a good time for him due to his job, so we decided on October...and then my nerdy self realized that the first Saturday was the 4th....and 10+4=14 :happy: Yup, this is what he puts up with and is marrying! :smooched:
  • dericcagroves
    Options
    no wedding yet but i started my journey back in October and i said when that time comes I will already be set lol
  • Hi! My daughter got engaged on New Years Eve and is planning a June 2015 wedding. I, like you need to lose the extra weight...I also feel uncomfortable in my own skin. UUGGHHH!!!! I quit smoking 11 months ago, hence my weight gain but I have ample time to lose it. Today is my first day of keeping track of the food I eat. I use a quit smoking forum and it has been a god send....I hope the same is true for this site...I've heard a lot of good things about it.
  • MzBriz
    MzBriz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Me too! My wedding is June 24 in Hawaii! Feel free to add me!
  • KHal11715
    KHal11715 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Sweating for the wedding as well! Feel free to add me!!! :)
  • samanthalee87
    Options
    I'm starting my wedding dress shopping in 2 weeks, I better go get sweating!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Future_Mrs_Philipp
    Future_Mrs_Philipp Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm starting my wedding dress shopping in 2 weeks, I better go get sweating!!!!!!!!!!!

I am getting married this October and have already started my journey to lose 25 pounds! I bought my wedding dress a size smaller than what I am! Figured it would be good motivation!
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, ladies! Hubby and I got married in August 2012 and I wish I started this journey before that.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Not just sweating for the wedding, but it helps :) We haven't set a date yet, but I'm thinking more along the lines of October. It fits into ours and our kids schedules.
  • neuro_nut
    neuro_nut Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    In the same boat! I was already logging and working hard, but getting engaged in December has me extra motivated!!!
    We haven't set a date yet, but are thinking Aug-Sept 2014 :)

Feel free to add me!