What's your relationship style?

Options
Ed98043
Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
According to the Attachment Theory, we all fall within one of the following four quadrants:

attachment1.bmp

Here's a 5-minute quiz: http://www.web-research-design.net/cgi-bin/crq/crq.pl

At the end it'll give you a little graph to show where you are within the quadrants. I am in the upper middle of "Dismissive" which comes as no surprise. What are you?

Replies

• ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I don't see what some of the questions have to do with ANYTHING, I also don't enjoy repeat trick questions. Took it anyway for fun. Why not? :smile:

d3f78e553b583d6681afbf858ba9bbca.png

"Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the secure quadrant. Previous research on attachment styles indicates that secure people tend to have relatively enduring and satisfying relationships. They are comfortable expressing their emotions, and tend not to suffer from depression and other psychological disorders."
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    Secure, very close to dismissive. Sounds about right.

Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the secure quadrant. Previous research on attachment styles indicates that secure people tend to have relatively enduring and satisfying relationships. They are comfortable expressing their emotions, and tend not to suffer from depression and other psychological disorders
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    According to attachment theory and research, there are two fundamental ways in which people differ from one another in the way they think about relationships. First, some people are more anxious than others. People who are high in attachment-related anxiety tend to worry about whether their partners really love them and often fear rejection. People low on this dimension are much less worried about such matters. Second, some people are more avoidant than others. People who are high in attachment-related avoidance are less comfortable depending on others and opening up to others.

According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 4.30, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 6.10, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).

This is my result and frankly, I didn't need to take the questionnaire to know that. This describes me well. I fall under the Fearful/Avoidant section of the graph.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Smack bang dead center.
  • crispsandwich
    crispsandwich Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Preoccupied, pretty sums me up
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I got secure. Maybe a smidge more on the low anxiety end but right smack in the upper middle of the secure section. Yayy. I am pretty chill. If you're not an *kitten* to me, I'm fairly relaxed!! :laugh:
  • keeptehpeace
    keeptehpeace Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    preoccupied, seems about right!
  • FatHuMan1
    FatHuMan1 Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I took the quiz. Not surprisingly, this was my result

cool_story_ho_make_me_a_sammich_postcard-r338dcad46cb643e9a760dfba15a114b0_vgbaq_8byvr_512_zps347bcae6.jpg
  • KD454
    KD454 Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    All good and secure here