Hit a Plateau

Options
I have been on my weight-loss journey for a year so far and have been successful at losing 30-35 pounds. But I need help and some motivation to not give up because I have been stuck on this plateau for a few months. I still have 20 pounds to go before I feel like I have completed my goal. I have changed up my diet and recently changed my exercise routine. I work out about 4-5 days a week for about an hour. I have been doing some research on how to overcome this rut I'm in but if anybody has any suggestions it is greatly appreciated.
Esther

Replies

• ldula88
    ldula88 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Something that has helped me in the past, and may work for you as well, was to up my caloric intake for a few days by a few hundred calories. Nothing too drastic, but up 200-300 should do the trick. After a few days, I went back to my original calorie intake, making sure to throw in a higher calorie day every few days. Something else that might help is to do a moderate "calorie cycle." Something like 1200 calories one day, 1700 the next, then 1500, then 1300, etc. etc. If you change up the intake, a lot of times it breaks through the plateau :) good luck!!!